A company builds a good image for years, but one negative post, review or a comment can damage it within seconds. Anyone who wants to harm a good reputation of a company with a minimum effort, can just add multiple negative posts on an online forum or a review portal and unfortunately, in most of the cases, there’s no one to verify the authenticity of those negative comments.
Reviews on Google and Facebook
Some time ago Google introduced a new service – Google My Business, which combined previous features of Google+ Local and Google Places. Reviews (also negative opinions) published by customers in your company’s Business card on Google are displayed in the browser after entering the name of the establishment. They are therefore highly visible and can be the first impulse to check what customers think about your services.
Facebook is one of the most popular social networks nowadays. Most of us have our own profile on this website as well as our companies. Comments added by Facebook users appear in your profile’s Recommendations or Reviews tab.
What to do to remove a negative post from the internet?
Theoretically, to remove a negative opinion, post, or a comment, you should contact the administration of the website where the submitting post has been published. The notification should be made in the form of reliable message. Therefore, justify the Request to remove the negative content as well as possible, cite the applicable law or non-compliance with the regulations of the website.
Removing negative content may seem relatively simple, but unfortunately it is not. In practice, deleting defamatory opinions, comments or other content is often a long process and is not very pleasant for the applicant.
How to react to Negative opinions?
If you run your company’s online profile, sooner or later you will come across some negative opinions from unsatisfied customers. How to deal with them? Here’s a few tips on how to prevent spending sleepless nights caused by bad reviews:
- Answer them! This is the easiest method of dealing with bad reviews. Don’t ignore bad opinions, be alert and quick. Don’t leave reviews unattended and never allow a situation in which one of them becomes an object of mocking by other users.
- Set notifications for newly added reviews! Many review services allow to configure settings in order to create a notification for a profile admin about new comments. Thanks to this you will be up to date and avoid unnecessary confusions.
- Update your salon profile! In this way you will avoid unwanted comments regarding lack of information e. g. about working hours change or prices of your services.
- Listen to customers’ reviews! Negative reviews are a very important issue in the discussion about what you should change / upgrade / improve in your salon. Get familiar with the opinions of your clients, meet their needs and use this knowledge in systematic improvement.
- Don’t delete! I know it’s tempting when a negative review is damaging your reputation build for years but remember that bad comments also have an important role. Among others, they have an educational function: you can see your mistakes in black and white and learn how to deal with unsatisfied customers. Besides that, a company with only positive reviews Looks fake and doesn’t exist in a real life – negative comments influence the feeling of authenticity of your services.
- Be involved and tune positivity! A very important aspect of your work is also to publish up to date content on the business profile. Show how you develop, what you change, how you take care of your clients. Be an expert not only in your salon but also on social media. Establish a positive relations with your customers.
When is deleting a review fully justified?
In the situation of:
- hate or content of an aggressive or vulgar nature;
- ads or spam;
- off-topic posts (e. g. regarding personal issues);
- comments in which there is a conflict of interest (e. g. between employee and employer or between competing companies).