Sharing is helping.

We offer you this space to share your knowledge about Magento and learn from our experienced customers.

Home Forums Theme Forum HelloTonic & HelloTonic iPhone Why Images May Not Display in Slide

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 5 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author

Anonymous

I am playing around with various themes, and just installed tonic.

Noticed that the slider was not displaying images of products. Checked all the permissions and everything was fine.

Digging through the code, the file slide_products.phtml on line 59 has

My test store is not running in the root of the web applications, I am in http://www.foo.com/shop/

Now when I remove the first / in

src=\"/media/catalog/product<?php echo $_product->image;?>\"

effectively making it

src=\"media/catalog/product<?php echo $_product->image;?>\"

It works fine and images start to display ok. However if you switch the URL rewriting off and root of the store is displayed as:

http://www.foo.com/shop/index.php

then it stops working again.

It wasn\’t until I changed the src value to

src=\"<?php echo Mage::getBaseUrl(Mage_Core_Model_Store::URL_TYPE_MEDIA);?>catalog/product<?php echo $_product->image;?>\"

that it started working properly.

It was a bit of a trial and error, as I am not a PHP expert and have programmed Java all my life.

But just in case anyone runs into the same problem :)

Gary

Anonymous

Thanks very much for this tip Gary, it works fine.

Cheers!.-

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    Reply To: Why Images May Not Display in Slide
    Your information:

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code class="" title="" data-url=""> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong> <pre class="" title="" data-url=""> <span class="" title="" data-url="">