Sharing is helping.

We offer you this space to share your knowledge about Magento and learn from our experienced customers.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Grant 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
    • Author

Anonymous

Is there any way to completely uninstall the Hello One theme and go back to the default?

Anonymous

Sure thing, but if you’re having trouble and need some help, feel free to e-mail me at kevin no-spam at woolf dot com.

To uninstall, just delete the helloone template and skin directories in your default package. Magento will then default back to your default theme. You can find them at app/design/frontend/default/ and skin/frontend/default/ folders. There is nothing in the database to delete, but you should also change the settings in System–>Configuration–>Design under Templates, Skin (Images / CSS), Layout, and Default all to “default”.

Seriously, the HT themes are pretty good–not perfect–but pretty good. Magento is just so versatile and so configurable, and it provides several ways to produce the same effect in a stores. I recommend to all to get the Magento book or visit the forums for Magento questions and answers. The learning curve for Magento is steep, but put in three weeks to study the system and file structure and you’ll be a pro.

Kev

Anonymous

Thanks for the info Kevin. I tried doing what you said but now when I go to my site, nothing shows up. I just get a blank page. Did I miss something somewhere?

Edit: Nevermind, I figured it out. I had to change the content and design on the homepage.

Anonymous

So you good to go now?

Anonymous

I’m having a similar problem. I can’t uninstall Helloone or even just change to a different theme. When I select a different theme, even the default, I get a blank page. The theme package also comes with two XML files in the app/code…etc/ directory config.xml and system.xml. Could these files have anything to do with it? If I delete those, I get a blank page for everything.

If I could just change themes, I wouldn’t want to delete this theme but it seems like HelloOne is messing up all of my other stores.

I’m using a multi domain configuration of magento and trying to get different stores to have different themes.

Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Hi Jamey, if you delete the fields in System > Configuration > Design > Themes , you should have the theme uninstalled, if you have more than one website setted up, you should remove or change the “Code” field in System > Manage Stores > Select the website , and the same in Store View Name. Also, you can delete the homepage for the theme and the statick blocks. But if this isn’t working, try deleting the files of the theme.-

Grant

Hello all – any news on this – we are getting the exact same issue – we are trying to remove a hellotheme – and when we do, all we get is a blank white page on the front end…..

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
    Reply To: Uninstall
    Your information:

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code class="" title="" data-url=""> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong> <pre class="" title="" data-url=""> <span class="" title="" data-url="">