Sharing is helping.

We offer you this space to share your knowledge about Magento and learn from our experienced customers.

Home Forums "How do I" questions Turn off Compare Products section

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    • Author

I’ve disabled the compare products option so that it no longer appears on the products page, but it still appears in the right hand column just below My Cart. How do I remove that section?

Go to your catalog.xml ,find and comment this line:

I’ve already tried that. I commented out the catalog.xml file found in app/design/frontend/default/hellomix/layout

The line now reads: <!– <block type=”catalog/product_compare_sidebar” before=”cart_sidebar” name=”” template=”catalog/product/compare/sidebar.phtml”/> –>

But the block is still there.

Is this still being read?

Hi, be sure to disable the cache or at least refresh it. Try this, go to your admin panel CMS > Pages > select your homepage > go to Design > under Layout Update XML add this inside the content: <remove name=”” />

Let us know.-

That fixed it, thanks. :D

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    Reply To: Turn off Compare Products section
    Your information:

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code class="" title="" data-url=""> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong> <pre class="" title="" data-url=""> <span class="" title="" data-url="">