Sharing is helping.

We offer you this space to share your knowledge about Magento and learn from our experienced customers.

Home Forums Theme Forum HelloMinty Store Upgrade and Theme Help

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Author

Anonymous

Hi There,

I’ve (I think) successfully updated my store over the past two days on a test domain from v1.3.2.1 to v1.6.2.0. It’s been a pretty major update and has taken me a long time to figure out how to do it. All of the admin now works perfectly along with Magento connect, but the homepage shows a blank page. When I check the error log, it says its an error to do with layout.php.

Apparently some quite major template changes came into effect after 1.3.2.1 and this is most likely the problem I am having.

I am using the Hellominty theme on my website as seen here – http://www.glowstickcity.co.uk/ and need to update it accordingly so it works on the 1.6.2.0 version site I’ve just upgraded to.

If you could give me and advice on how to upgrade this (If I need to redo some of the styling etc that isn’t a problem), that would be fantastic. I just need to get the homepage displaying something then I can merge everything!

Many thanks
      Lewis Sellers

Anonymous

Hello again,

Ok, I installed the latest version of the Hellominty theme and it worked perfectly on the website, therefore. We’ve done quite a lot of customisation to the theme anyway so I was hoping we were able to morph them together.

I’m happy to pay for someone to take care of this as someone who knows the template system of Magento will probably find this relatively easy. I got quite far in getting the website in matching, but I couldn’t get the vertical menu system to work on the homepage.

I’ve reverted back to putting the v1.3.2.1 of the template on so the homepage doesn’t load again. One the page.xml file has been updated and a few of the additional template files, you can see the site start to work again, a lot of things don’t appear as there are obviously things that need updated, I’d guess that once the new tags are in, it will all work.

Any help you can provide would be perfect!!

Many thanks
      Lewis

Anonymous

Hi There,

Sorry, third post in a row, this will be my final one until I receive a response, I promise!

Ok, here are my two sites:

http://www.glowstickcity.co.uk/ – Running v1.3.2.1 with the HelloMinty Theme.

http://www.glowstickcity.co.uk/upgrade/ – Running v1.6.2.0 with the HelloMinty Theme.

Basically, what I’ve done is uploaded a fresh copy of the hello minty theme on the 1.6.2 version and then replaced all the CSS and the Images with the older versions. You can see it’s getting there but there are a lot of layout issues. Any help sorting these or a price for fixing everything would be great.

For some reason, I can’t get the menu at the top to work? Is that something to do with the fact it’s 1.6.2.0 ?

Many thanks
      Lewis

Anonymous
    Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    Reply To: Store Upgrade and Theme Help
    Your information:

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code class="" title="" data-url=""> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong> <pre class="" title="" data-url=""> <span class="" title="" data-url="">