Sharing is helping.

We offer you this space to share your knowledge about Magento and learn from our experienced customers.

Home Forums "How do I" questions Static Block will NOT Move Up or Down!

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Author

Anonymous

Hi,
      I’m going crazy here…for the past 3 hours I’ve been trying to move my newly created static block up.
      I’ve created a new static block for the left column in HelloMinty theme. And I want to use it for category navigation.

I have bought just 2 themes Hellowear and helloMinty. I’m a noob at coding so I copied the quick links block from HelloWear and I put it into HelloMinty.

I put this code in the catalog.xml:
      <reference name=”left”>
      <block type=”core/template” name=”quick.links” template=”callouts/quick_links.phtml” before=”-” />
      </reference>

The block appears fine, only that it’s below My Cart, Compare Products and Layered Navigation blocks.
      I played around with before=”" and after=”". I added there all the variables possible (for mini cart, layered navigation and more) but that block will not move. It stays in the same position.

I want it to appear above all other static blocks (my cart on the homepage, layered navigation on category pages)

Can someone please help?

Thanks!

Anonymous

Really need some help on this one…Anyone please?

Anonymous

Figured it out…eventually :lol: .

Anonymous

Hey Alexander,

In the future, post a link to your site so we can see what’s going on. A great tool to help figure out these CSS issues is Firebug for FireFox browser.

Cheers!

Kev

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    Reply To: Static Block will NOT Move Up or Down!
    Your information:

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code class="" title="" data-url=""> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong> <pre class="" title="" data-url=""> <span class="" title="" data-url="">