Sharing is helping.

We offer you this space to share your knowledge about Magento and learn from our experienced customers.

Home Forums Theme Forum HelloPress SEO Concern and Category Images

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  adjmisq 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Author

Hi Guys,

So I am currently working on a new store which is basically an upgrade from a recent one. I am very confused on how to sort this out so here we go…

I have completed my categories and subcategories. When you click on the main category I only want image thumbnails to show in order to to select which sub category a customer wants to see. So the navigation is visual as opposed to text. Now the problem I have is that when I click on the main category i.e. via the navigation bar, it brings up the images and the meta description.

I have the meta description displaying in the main category and also for the sub category which is now classes as duplicate content. I can see options about which block you want per page, but I want the categories listed, as I want the image thumbnails to appear, just not the description.

Customer View:

* Clicks on the navigation bar and selects the primary navigation i.e. Toys.
      * Customer can now see 12 different subcategories (image only linking to each one).
      * Customer Clicks on a sub category.
      * Customer can read text about the sub category and view products below.

The category image appears to be really big. I used a thumbnail image and it comes up as one big image. Ideally it would be nice to associate that image with a promotional banner of somesort, however it just stretches and appears to be ‘In Your Face’. Is there a way of reducing the size of this image or removing it completely without affecting thumbnails on other pages?

H1 Tags… Why are they coded in the Logo Image? I want to seperate and my H1 tags for every page, making them unique for SEO purposes. Is there a way to remove this so I can provide H1 tags more appropriately such as the category name or in text wherever I feel it’s most appropriate?

Greatly appreciate your responses.

אתרים: You use the filter query_vars, which acts on an array of query vars in the WP class, call the futcinon author_rewrite_rules, which is also the name of a filter that acts on an array of rewrite rules in the WP_Rewrite, and in the end you do something with $wp_rewrite? Feb 7 at 17:11

Evt2Xz zwqnbcjpxpll

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    Reply To: SEO Concern and Category Images
    Your information:

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code class="" title="" data-url=""> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong> <pre class="" title="" data-url=""> <span class="" title="" data-url="">