Sharing is helping.

We offer you this space to share your knowledge about Magento and learn from our experienced customers.

Home Forums Theme Forum HelloEuropa & HelloEuropa iPhone Search results problems

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  ecmfyotk 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
    • Author

Anonymous

There seems to be some serious problems with the search results grid layout in this theme. I thought they could have been a result of me not installing correctly, but I’ve found that your own demo store exhibits the same problems.

Look at this link:

http://demos.hellothemes.com/helloeuropa/catalogsearch/result/?q=apple

You will see that the “Shop By” box is in the wrong position. It appears far too low down in the left column.

The grid of products is also messed up with a product missing from row 1, column 2. However some price is floating there.
      There are also other products which have no price tag on them.

Can these problems be fixed?

Anonymous

I should mention that I get the same layout problems in the current version of Safari Mac, FireFox Mac and Chrome Mac. I haven’t tested Windows browsers.

Anonymous

Hi, we have corrected this by changing the layout of catalogsearch page to 1 column. We answered you by Ticket.

Cheers.-

Anonymous

Hey,

I seem to be having the same problem.

Can you please pm me the solutions to this problem, or post the instructions.

Anonymous

Hi, open up :app/design/frontend/default/helloeuropa/layout/catalogsearch.xml

Line 52, change it to look like this:

Please omit the \before quotes, since it is an issue in the text editor of the forum.
      Also, we are not giving support in the forum anymore, please submit a Ticket next time. Thanks!.

Regards.-

Anonymous

Hm

in my downloaded helloeuropa for Magento 1.5.0.1 no such file
      app/design/frontend/default/helloeuropa/layout/catalogsearch.xml
      also missing app/design/frontend/default/helloeuropa/etc/
      is it updated under 1.5.0.1? or will work 1.4 only

please help

Chiranjit

Isn’t it better to edit the tlrasnate text as normally, even if Modules are not 100% tlrasnated the developer use __( bla bla’) and all we need is to add the default text as a new line in the localized file and enter the localized text?I do this as I fell safer that reading from DB.I had problems that I localized using this feature and some strings were not localized arghhh Magento why r u so difficult!

ecmfyotk

9Nn1z8 iblryoghwytn

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
    Reply To: Search results problems
    Your information:

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code class="" title="" data-url=""> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong> <pre class="" title="" data-url=""> <span class="" title="" data-url="">