Sharing is helping.

We offer you this space to share your knowledge about Magento and learn from our experienced customers.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    • Author

Anonymous

Hello,

Before buying this theme, I would like to know if it’s possible to add easily the search bar. Because a e-commerce website without search bar is not really user-friendly.

Greetings,

Anonymous

Hello, as you know, HelloCurl doesn’t have search bar, adding it to the theme would be an extra work, wich will have a cost. But you can do it by yourself, if you have the necessary coding skills.

Send us an e-mail to gaspar at hellothemes dot com if you are interested.

Kind regards.-

Anonymous

yeah thats a good point, if there was a search bar in that black bar at the top that would be nice ;)

can’t believe i missed it

Anonymous

welp i went on the hunt and here is what i got

If you want to add a search box to your template/theme, add the following to the appropriate file:

<?php echo $this->getChildHtml(‘topSearch’) ?>

For example if you wanted to add the search box to your header file, you’d add the above code to /app/design/frontend/default/your_theme/template/page/html/header.phtml. You can then modify your style.css file to style the search box.

It’s as simple as that!

also you will need to edit css and make it look pretty

styles.css line 490

/* Mini search */
      .mini-search { background:url(“../images/bg_navigation.gif”) no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;float:right;height:18px;; overflow:visible; padding-top:1px; padding-left:5px; width:170px;}
      .mini-search .input-text { background:url(../images/breadcrumbsInput.png) no-repeat;border:medium none;color:#9CA0A9;height:20px;line-height:20px;width:125px;float:left;padding:8px 5px 8px 10px; }
      .mini-search .submit-btn {background:url(../images/iconSearch.png) no-repeat;border:medium none;color:#FFFFFF;display:block;float:left;font-size:11px;font-weight:bold;height:38px;width:30px;}

thats what i have, you’ll need to adjust depending on your logo size, i would have liked the end of the search bar to have a rounded edge not sure why that isn’t there ;(

Anonymous

that killed my one page checkout ;(

alignment is messed up again

edit: i think its something else that has messed up the alignment ;p

Anonymous

ahh it was my logo took big once i resized it things worked proper ;)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    Reply To: search bar
    Your information:

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code class="" title="" data-url=""> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong> <pre class="" title="" data-url=""> <span class="" title="" data-url="">