Sharing is helping.

We offer you this space to share your knowledge about Magento and learn from our experienced customers.

Home Forums "How do I" questions Remove/Replace Compare Products & Back To School Image

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
    • Author

Anonymous

Hello,

How do I remove/replace the Compare Products box and the Back To School image on the ride side of HelloCanvas and replace it with something else?

Anonymous

I don’t have the details to hand but this is answered quite a bit on the main magento forum

Paul

Anonymous

Actually, having just had to remove these myself it turns out this problem is theme specifc

The file you need to edit is app/design/frontend/default/hellowired/layout/catalog.xml: and it’s lines 64-70 that I commented out (the reference block)

64 <!– <reference name=”right”>
      65 <block type=”catalog/product_compare_sidebar” before=”cart_s idebar” name=”catalog.compare.sidebar” template=”catalog/product/compare /sidebar.phtml”/>
      66 <block type=”core/template” name=”right.permanent.callout” t emplate=”callouts/right_col.phtml”>
      67 <action method=”setImgSrc”><src>images/media/col_right_c allout.jpg</src></action>
      68 <action method=”setImgAlt” translate=”alt” module=”catal og”><alt>Keep your eyes open for our special Back to School items and sa ve A LOT!</alt></action>
      69 </block>
      70 </reference> –>

Anonymous

While you are in that file you may also want to comment out the “Did you know? Our customer service is available 24×7″ block . That is lines 57-63 “reference name=left”

57 <!– <reference name=”left”>
      58 <block type=”core/template” name=”left.permanent.callout” te mplate=”callouts/left_col.phtml”>
      59 <action method=”setImgSrc”><src>images/media/col_left_ca llout.jpg</src></action>
      60 <action method=”setImgAlt” translate=”alt” module=”catal og”><alt>Our customer service is available 24/7. Call us at (555) 555-01 23.</alt></action>
      61 <action method=”setLinkUrl”><url>checkout/cart</url></ac tion>
      62 </block>
      63 </reference> –>

Anonymous

You are awesome! Thank you SOOO much! :D

Anonymous

MORE EASY TO REMOVE CALLOUTS: http://blog.allgiftsdirect.co.uk/magneto/magento-remove-back-to-school-and-the-dog/
      DONE IN A FAST MINUTE !!!

Anonymous

Those pointless and annoying callouts in Magento! Back to School and the Dog call us on (555) 555-0123. Every Magento user is familiar with these side boxes.

I found the simplest way to remove them is to rename the call out files so their functions no longer exist.

/app/design/frontend/base/default/template/callouts

rename the two files by putting something in front of them e.g.:

STOPleft_col.phtml

STOPright_col.phtml

Pointless call-outs gone!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
    Reply To: Remove/Replace Compare Products & Back To School Image
    Your information:

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code class="" title="" data-url=""> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong> <pre class="" title="" data-url=""> <span class="" title="" data-url="">