Sharing is helping.

We offer you this space to share your knowledge about Magento and learn from our experienced customers.

Home Forums Theme Forum HelloMinty Reduce number of website_links

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Support Team 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
    • Author

I’am reducing the amount of website_links.

For instance, the ‘About us’ has now only 2 links.

When we do this, the footer layout isn’ good anymore.

How can I fix that that I don’t need 6 links per category.

Kind regards,

Evi Verschueren

Support Team
      Key Master

Hello Evi,
      can you give us the url?
      You can edit the website_links from your admin panel. (Cms – Static Blocks)
      Best regards

I am experiencing the same problem. When you remove some of the links it pushs the footer up into the website links. The text color in the footer links isn’t very visible against the green color of the website links box. The same thing happens when you disable website links.

I also need help with this.

It is really many bugs on hellothemes, quite frustrating if you ask me.

Support Team
      Key Master

Hello David,
      “many bugs”?? this is a bug?
      we are giving support all the time to our customers, custom modifications, how do I questions…
      We do themes for many people, for many different stores..
      We can help you to resolve your problems or your changes, we are proud to help our customers and we works so hard to improve our themes.
      Please send me

Yeah, I appricate your support, and didn’t mean to step on anyones toes. So let me eat my words on that matter.

Here is my two bugs on hellominty theme:

in IE, the search button show perfectly on line, but on mac it shows displaced.

And when removing the website links the footer doesn’t look any good.

Hope you are able to help me on this

Support Team
      Key Master

Hello David,
      1. We test our themes in Windows and Linux, in browsers IE6, IE7, IE8, Firefox, Chrome and Safari. I can’t test in Mac at the moment.
      2. I could saw the problem. For do a fix or tell you what do you need to change, I need the url, can you send me the url?

Just in case this is not a support question, because this happend when you change the theme. Anyway we will help you.

Url is:

It would be great if we could solve this footer issue, as client didn’t want to use the website links

Support Team
      Key Master

David you need edit
      and delete the line 40:
      <?php echo $this->getChildHtml('footer_links') ?>

That didn’t help much, as the footer didn’t change color. In your demo it is black because of the amount of website links.

Now all the links and content look so grey..

Support Team
      Key Master

I don’t understand.. with this line you can remove the website links.
      Mmm… do this:
      .website-links {
      background:#00638C url(../images/website_link_bg.gif) repeat-x scroll 0 0;
      padding:20px 0 20px 20px;
      boxes.css (líne 494)

If you want to change the footer text color:

.footer a, .footer a:hover {
      boxes.css (líne 492)

Hope it helps.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
    Reply To: Reduce number of website_links
    Your information:

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code class="" title="" data-url=""> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong> <pre class="" title="" data-url=""> <span class="" title="" data-url="">