Sharing is helping.

We offer you this space to share your knowledge about Magento and learn from our experienced customers.

Home Forums Theme Forum HelloMinty Quick search results in blank page in IE7

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
    • Author

Anonymous

Ever since installing the HelloMinty theme, using the quick search box in IE7 and clicking Go leads to a blank page and a message in the status bar that says ‘Done but with errors on page’. Clicking on the Advanced Search link immediately gives the same blank page with the error message. This doesn’t seem to happen in IE8, Opera, FireFox or Google Chrome. We’re using Magento 1.4.0.1.

Anonymous

@Gert Kruger

Update to my problem: The problem definitely lies with the HelloMinty template. I installed the HelloMini template on our site and the search problem has disappeared (we don’t want to use HelloMini on our site but we’re losing customers using IE7). I also did a fresh install of Magento with XAMPP and installed the HelloMinty template. The problem also appears on the fresh install.

We desperately need to get back to our HelloMinty look. Please help!

Support Team
      Key Master

Hello Gert,
      I am looking the issue.
      Regards.

Support Team
      Key Master

Hello Gert,
      please look this Topic.
      http://www.hellothemes.com/forum/topic/hellominty-in-ie7
      It’s solved.
      Regards.

Anonymous

@Gaspar Mac

Thanks for your help. Unfortunately it didn’t solve my problem completely. Now I get a blank page where the product listing should be on the homepage in IE7 and IE6. The * My Account * My Wishlist * My Cart * Checkout * Log In links also drop below the silver bar in FireFox 3.6.3 but Opera 10.5.1, IE8, and Chrome display the page correctly.

Quick Search now works correctly and displays results when searching in IE7 but not in IE6. The link to the Advanced search page now works in IE7 but in IE6 the Advanced Search form lands at the bottom of the page.

Anonymous

Sorry, the FireFox page displays correctly, just like in the other browsers but the problem with the blank product listing on the homepage for IE7 and IE6 and in the category listings for IE6 still remain.

Anonymous

Update:

After commenting out:

/* .clear { display:block; clear:both; font-size:0; line-height:0; height:0; overflow:hidden; }

as suggested elsewhere, the FireFox page displays correctly and the product listing appears correctly on the homepage in IE6 and IE7. Quick search displays results correctly in IE6 but in IE7 the results appear after a blank section, right at the bottom of the page. Clicking on Advanced Search shows the same problem in IE7. The grey bar background for My Account My Wishlist My Cart Checkout Log In list under the Quick Search form is flattened in IE7 but not in IE6.

Anonymous

I have this same type of problem with HelloSleek. When I choose 2column-left or 2-column right layout for product page the page for the product is blank in the middle. The same thing happens on the checkout page; all i see is the header and footer.

Anonymous

Hello Tal, this issue is not happening in the demo site, which has the same files of the download.

What modifications you did on the files?.-

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
    Reply To: Quick search results in blank page in IE7
    Your information:

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code class="" title="" data-url=""> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong> <pre class="" title="" data-url=""> <span class="" title="" data-url="">