Sharing is helping.

We offer you this space to share your knowledge about Magento and learn from our experienced customers.

Home Forums Theme Forum HelloOne & HelloOne iPhone Product content html code shows in iphone display (i.e. , etc.)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
    • Author

Anonymous

I have the helloone for iphone theme and the problem I’m having is that all of the html code i.e. paragraph breaks <p> show up in the content view on the iPhone. Thus I have no way to separate lines in descriptions of products.

Also, I would like to add fb and twitter like buttons, while these work in the desktop themes these are not currently supported in the iphone theme.

Thanks,

James

Anonymous

Hello James, i can’t see the issue in the demo’s iphone. You can try to check the “display html tags” options in your admin, go to: Catalog > Attributes > Manage Attributes > select Description, under Frontend Properties, select Enable WYSIWYG: NO , Allow HTML Tags on Frontend: YES , and do the same for Short Description.

Hope that helps.-

Anonymous

I have the same issue with HelloCoco iPhone theme. I’ve just tried setting the attributes as suggested and it hasn’t changed anything I’m afraid. you can check it yourself using an iPhone to connect to my site at http://www.360tacticalvr.com

Anonymous

Guillermo,

This fixes the problem on the iphone side, but the desktop template now doesn’t work properly. Here is why:

1. There is no longer a need to insert line break HTML code in the editor, the iphone template thus doesn’t show any code.
      2. The desktop template displays the content without any line breaks, the description is all one big block of words. The only way to break down the sentences is by adding the HTML code, which effectively adds code back into the iphone template.

I tried separating the attribute properties by store view, so that the desktop template was one way and the iphone template was another, but this didn’t work. I think the reason is that I have the template set up so that it will detect the iphone browser to display the iphone template automatically. The problem with this it seems is that I cannot make individual changes to the different store views because the iphone template will always inherit the attribute properties of the default store view. Any suggestions to make this work? Currently I have to make at least one sacrifice, either the content on the desktop has no paragraph breaks or the iphone content shows code.

Thanks,

James

Anonymous

Guillermo,

Can you figure this problem out? There is definitely an issue with the helloone for iphone template not displaying content correctly. This could be the same for other iphone templates, but I haven’t been able to test (I actually purchased hellocanvas and didn’t receive it, still no help on that either).

Its not just simple things like line breaks <p>, but also things like twitter and facebook like buttons and widgets that are not working. The code is displayed as content, not the share buttons. There is no issue with any of the regular themes, this is only iphone themes. You can try any of the popular twitter and facebook like button codes and see if they work, they wont. This is a really big problem that is preventing me from getting much functionality out of your iphone themes because I really want to have sharing features on the mobile site.

Please offer your support.

Thank you,

James

Anonymous

I too need to figure out how to get html to show properly. Any solutions?

Jeff

Anonymous

We have corrected this issue a long time ago, if you add html content to the product descriptions, this will display as normal text. Remember to disable the html editor in your admin panel totally.-

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
    Reply To: Product content html code shows in iphone display (i.e. , etc.)
    Your information:

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code class="" title="" data-url=""> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong> <pre class="" title="" data-url=""> <span class="" title="" data-url="">