Sharing is helping.

We offer you this space to share your knowledge about Magento and learn from our experienced customers.

Home Forums Theme Forum HelloTonic & HelloTonic iPhone Problems with HelloTonic-iPhone

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
    • Author

Anonymous

Hi there,

I recently installed the theme. I assigned the theme by matched expressions everywhere to the iPhone and other mobile clients. Above is the normal themename putted it (no HelloTheme). With this normal theme i have a CMS page for home (which has also the identifier home, and i cant change it, if i want it to work). From this theme there are multiple static blocks called on the homepage, and they appear on the iphone, too. This is a big homepageslideshow for example, which makes the theme on the iphone ugly.

I’ve read in another thread this:

On the left-hand side menu of \”Home Page\” under \”Content\” select \”Design\”.
      Now on \”Layout\” select \”Homepage\”

But in this dropdown i don’t have “Homepage”.

Anonymous

Would be great to get some helping hands…

Anonymous

Hi, you don’t have the Homepage option because you might not have the files to display it:

app\code\local\Mage\Page\etc\config.xml ; app\code\local\Mage\Page\etc\system.xml

and app\etc\modules\Mage_Local.xml

I’m sending this files to your e-mail, add them in the same root like above.-

Anonymous

Thank you!
      Now i can choose Homepage under Layout, but the blocks from the normal design are still showing up. :(

Anonymous

You’re welcome :lol:
      Did you follow the iPhone instructions when you installed the theme?:

http://www.hellothemes.com/documentation/hellotonic-iphone-2/

Can you give us your link to see the issue?.

Thanks!.-

Anonymous

Yes i did. But: as mentioned i have to use “home” as identifier for my main theme (for desktop devices), so i cant choose Storeview 1 & 2 – I have to use all store views to get it working. Additionally there is a lack of documention on http://www.hellothemes.com/documentation/hellotonic-iphone-2/
      Please look at the site:

“Setting up the Homepage
      To setup your homepage, you will need to go to (CMS → Manage Pages). Select “Home Page”, with the identifier as “home”. Scroll down and look for “Content”, inside that you will have to input your homepage code. Please copy and paste the code below:

If you have HelloTonic, don’t need another Homepage. If you only want to show HelloToniciPhone as a store on th…”

Code below? There is nothing shown up. Inside the code areas for the static blocks code, there is only this shown
      {{block type=”catalog/product_list” category_id=”3″ . . .
      which is obviously incomplete.

Site is http://www.essenza-nobile2.de.essenza01.virtualhosts.de (abc / abc for htaccess)

Anonymous

If you open it, with an normal browser, you see a slideshow and some tabbed boxes below – this is shown on mobile devices, too and crashing the design. Additionally i just recognized that there is no link to the checkout process anywhere on the mobile view.

Anonymous

Hi, there is no lack of documentation, specifically says:
      “If you have HelloTonic, don’t need another Homepage. If you only want to show HelloToniciPhone as a store on the Browser, you need to create a Homepage without Content, only create a new “home” with 1column on Layout.”

There is no code for this: Homepage without Content

This is not incomplete: {{block type=”catalog/product_list” category_id=”3″ . . .
      It is only to show where you have to add the category ID.

Since you can’t use “home” as identifier, and this is out of our scope of support, you will have to change a lot of things (code, configurations,etc).
      Create a Homepage without content and select 1column on Layout settings, then follow this instructions: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6621576/how-to-change-the-url-identifier-of-a-custom-module-from-backend-i-e-system-conf

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
    Reply To: Problems with HelloTonic-iPhone
    Your information:

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code class="" title="" data-url=""> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong> <pre class="" title="" data-url=""> <span class="" title="" data-url="">