Sharing is helping.

We offer you this space to share your knowledge about Magento and learn from our experienced customers.

Home Forums Theme Forum HelloMinty Pager in Hellominty missing on search results pages

This topic contains 12 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Support Team 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
    • Author

Anonymous

I’ve never been able to get the pager showing on the Search and Advanced Search results pages with the HelloMinty template. I’ve tried deleting the pager.phtml file and copying catalog.xml but no luck. I was hoping the updated themes for Magento 1.4.1 would solve the pager problem but it hasn’t. The pager works on the categories pages, although its alignment is a bit off. I’m running Magento 1.4.0.1.

Anonymous

Hello Gert!, sorry for the delay of the response. I was cheking for the pager and i found the fix, go to: app/design/frontend/default/hellominty/layout/catalogsearch.xml and
      UNDER the line 52:
      <block type="catalog/product_list" name="search_result_list" template="catalog/product/list.phtml">

you have to add this line (woud be line 53):

You shoud have your pager working properly. Tell us if you coud do that. Thanks!.-

Anonymous

Hi

I’m sorry to say that it doesn’t work. I get a long error message:

Warning: simplexml_load_string() [function.simplexml-load-string]: Entity: line 72: parser error : Opening and ending tag mismatch: reference line 50 and block in /home/books/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout/Update.php on line 431

Trace:
      #0 /home/books/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout/Update.php(431): mageCoreErrorHandler(2, ‘simplexml_load_…’, ‘/home/books/pub…’, 431, Array)
      #1 /home/books/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout/Update.php(273): Mage_Core_Model_Layout_Update->getFileLayoutUpdatesXml(‘<?xml version=”…’, ‘Mage_Core_Model…’)
      #2 /home/books/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout/Update.php(345): Mage_Core_Model_Layout_Update->fetchFileLayoutUpdates(‘frontend’, ‘default’, ‘hellominty’, ’1′)
      #3 /home/books/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout/Update.php(246): Mage_Core_Model_Layout_Update->fetchPackageLayoutUpdates()
      #4 /home/books/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout/Update.php(224): Mage_Core_Model_Layout_Update->merge(‘default’)
      #5 /home/books/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(305): Mage_Core_Model_Layout_Update->load(‘default’)
      #6 /home/books/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Cms/Helper/Page.php(103): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->loadLayoutUpdates()
      #7 /home/books/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Cms/Helper/Page.php(52): Mage_Cms_Helper_Page->_renderPage()
      #8 /home/books/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Cms/controllers/IndexController.php(45): Mage_Cms_Helper_Page->renderPage(Object(Mage_Cms_IndexController), ‘home’)
      #9 /home/books/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(418): Mage_Cms_IndexController->indexAction(Object(Mage_Cms_IndexController), ‘home’)
      #10 /home/books/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard.php(254): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch()
      #11 /home/books/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(177): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(‘index’)
      #12 /home/books/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(304): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
      #13 /home/books/public_html/app/Mage.php(596): Mage_Core_Model_App->run()
      #14 /home/books/public_html/index.php(78): Mage::run(Array)
      #15 {main}

I replaced the catalogsearch.xml with an original one to get the site working again and now my quick search box is missing. Refreshing the cache doesn’t help. Help!

UPDATE: The xml file had two closing block tags. I fixed that but the pager still doesn’t work and the quick search box is still missing.

Anonymous

UPDATE 2: I re-uploaded the template files and the search box is back. I re-did the code change to the catalogsearch.xml file but the pager still doesn’t work.

Support Team
      Key Master

Hello Gert,
      surely you paste the code in a wrong place.
      Please copy the file and change the name, for example __catalogsearch.xml
      Please try to do the same, but take careful where you paste the code.
      We solved this on our themes.
      Best regards.

Anonymous

Hi Gaspar

Thanks for your reply. I’ve double-checked and I’m quite sure I’m in the right place. If I paste the code supplied above on line 53, under line 52, I get an opening and closing tags error. I’ll download your theme package again and upload that catalogsearch.xml file if it’s got the fixed code.

Thanks for your help.

Anonymous

Hi Gert, ok, do that, and please let us know if you have the pager after downloading again the theme pachage.
      Also woud be better if you can tell us the url.

Thanks.-

Anonymous

Hi Guillermo

Thanks. I downloaded the theme package with the catalogsearch.xml file dated 17 March 2010 and the abovementioned fix isn’t in the file? I must be doing something wrong. The URL is http://www.booksagain.co.za.

Anonymous

Hi Gert, i see…, can you please send to our e-mail: support(at)hellothemes.com your FTP details,? so you can chek what is going on.

Thanks.-

Anonymous

I too have this problem in HelloMinty – search results have no pagination. I need to have the page numbers on the results. Please help.

Support Team
      Key Master

Ben, did you try with this piece of code?
      Regards.

Anonymous

Hi Gaspar

I mailed the FTP details through on Tuesday the 13th as you requested. Any update on that?

Thanks.

Support Team
      Key Master

Gert, we solved the problem.
      When deleted the cache, appeared the pager.
      That’s all. :D
      Best regards.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
    Reply To: Pager in Hellominty missing on search results pages
    Your information:

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code class="" title="" data-url=""> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong> <pre class="" title="" data-url=""> <span class="" title="" data-url="">