Sharing is helping.

We offer you this space to share your knowledge about Magento and learn from our experienced customers.

Home Forums Theme Forum HelloUno Newsletter Pop Up

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  MLX 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Author

Anonymous

I am trying to make a pop up for a newsletter subscribe. The newsletter sign up on the site is just too invisible to me and I want my customers to see it and not look for it. So I want to make a pop up. I just need to know what code i would put in my pop up creator to make it call on the newsletter link for magento. It asks for html so i am not sure. Can you help me please? Dont need to kno how to make the pop up just need to know what code its calling on.

Support Team
      Key Master

Hello James,
      I can’t give support for this.
      Please read Support Policy.
      You need to create a new block.
      Go to catalog.xml and write something like this:
      <block type=”newsletter/subscribe” name=”popupnewsletter” template=”newsletter/popupsubscribe.phtml”/>
      Then go to /app/design/frontend/default/YOURTHEME/template/newsletter/popupsubscribe.phtml
      and write the correct html.
      Then go to /app/design/frontend/default/YOURTHEME/template/page/homepage.phtml and call the block… like this:
      <?php echo $this->getChildHtml(‘popupnewsletter’) ?>
      I never do this but… try!

Hope it helps! :wink:
      Regards!

MLX

Hi,

Please try use extension http://www.mlx-store.com/newsletter-popup-auto-create-user.html

MLX
    Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    Reply To: Newsletter Pop Up
    Your information:

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code class="" title="" data-url=""> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong> <pre class="" title="" data-url=""> <span class="" title="" data-url="">