1. I could not get the Hello Bundle to work with 1.4.1 Magento so I followed the Manual Instructions provided in the HelloJynxx Folder – PDF File.
2. I have installed the theme manually and added the static blocks per the instructions:
-HellowSlide Blog – There and pulls up images in Static Block Editor
- Header Links
- Footer Links
3. For the HOMEPAGE, I went into the existing homage page > Content and copied the code into Content Section. The directions then tell you to select CUSTOM THEME – “Please Select” and LAYOUT – Select HOMEPAGE. Unfortunately I do not see these options under Page Information, but do see DESIGN and CUSTOM DESIGN, which I can select the custom design HELLOJynxx, but for LAYOUT my options are the standard ones.
If I look at the HOMEPAGE What I see is the new template but the following does NOT WORK
- HEADER LINKS do not show
- Homepage slide show does not appear
- Twitter sidebar shows but even thought I added twitter name noting shows
I have to believe my issue is around the homepage configuration….
Hi Skeeter, your are doing something wrong, because HelloJynxx is working just fine. I think you are not choosing the HelloJynxx option when you set up a static block, you must choose it, because there you select where you want to have that static block, the same with the home page, i recently installed HelloJynxx to be sure, and i coud choose the homepage. We have a video tutorial, and written instructions in the “how do i?” section.
You are correct I was and finally figured it out and now have it working. Just a friendly comment as this is my first experience working with you guys. You have conflicting documentation (at least for this theme) that made this confusing. Specifically on defining the static blocks within the CMS – Depending on if I looked at the PDF Instructions, the included folder in the theme called STATIC BLocks, or the Online Support Documentation by THEME.
I found different sets of code for each block.
In fact the one that I thought would have been correct – which were the text files attached in the theme caused those sections on the home page to produce bogus text on the page itself.
Thanks for your response – now that I have it working I will start looking for the documentation that will allow me to make changes to the theme or add additional static sections. Just as replacing the twitter section with a facebook badge.