Sharing is helping.

We offer you this space to share your knowledge about Magento and learn from our experienced customers.

Home Forums Theme Forum HelloWired mobile version loads very slow

This topic contains 3 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Ronald 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Author

Ronald

Hello,

The mobile version of hellowired is loading very slow and often results in a timeout.

The tablet version and desktop version however load very quick.

Does anyone know how to solve this? Or has anyone experienced this before?

Ronald

I just found out what is causing the slow loading. It is the featured products item on my homepage. When I remove that part the homepage loads fast again.

This rule is causing the issue: <div class=”featured-social”>{{block type=”catalog/product_list” category_id=”3″ template=”catalog/product/featured.phtml”}}

I hope someone can tell me why this is being an issue on smartphone browsers and not on tablets or desktops.

And how can we solve this issue? I think more people should have this issue.

Maybe because I have many items in category 3? About 180 items. I also tried the compilation, but this doesn’t speed up the mobile loading times

Peter

Hi, this is surely caused by the big amount of products you have under that category. Be sure to leave the Magento cache activated, this will reduce the load time a bit. Another solution could be to hide the featured products carousel when your site is browsed by a mobile device, this can be done with css in responsive.css file of the theme.

Hope this helps!

Peter Poy (the father of Niubel ol boys)

.-

Ronald

Thanks for your response.

I have created an invisible category and added some products there. That category is now shown on the FrontPage and loading quick again.

problem solved.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    Reply To: mobile version loads very slow
    Your information:

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code class="" title="" data-url=""> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong> <pre class="" title="" data-url=""> <span class="" title="" data-url="">