Sharing is helping.

We offer you this space to share your knowledge about Magento and learn from our experienced customers.

Home Forums Theme Forum HelloSimple Magento Categories Problem

This topic contains 22 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
    • Author

Anonymous

I have a category that has 10 products. By default the category display is 9 and when i choose that category on the page to be shown, there comes an error. If i have 30 for display it is ok.

So, what can i do? how can i make it display 30 by default or what seems to be the problem and how can i fix it??

I use HelloSimple i don’t know if that is a problem

thank you

Anonymous

ok, i found how to change the default, is there a problem in paging though??? what can i do?

Anonymous

There was a pagination problem due to the upgrade in the magento version. It’s corrected now, so all you have to do is redownload the theme and reinstall it.
      Tell us how it went!
      Thanks

Anonymous

is there anything else i can do? because i have installed the theme, changed the language and all the image to that language (greek) so it’s a bit difficult!

Anonymous

Try copying (remember to merge the content) only the app/ folder of the theme, so that the images stay the same.

Anonymous

ok, will do that, the think is that i downloaded the theme last week, it’s the one with the problem?

Anonymous

again unsolved problem.. i have the magento 1.4.. what do i have to do with paging error??

Anonymous

can i get some help..?? i am almost ready to let me site work but i cannot due to Paging… does anyone know what is going on with paging? i have 1.4 magento

Support Team
      Key Master

Hello Christophoro!
      I will help you.. Can you give me the url please?
      You have problems with the Pager, right?

Anonymous

yes, i have… http://www.chromatopolio.com is the site, when you choose to view with 9 for example, the listing you get nothing at the homepage, if you try to do the same at a category you get a magento error..

Support Team
      Key Master

Christophoros, I can see the error.
      In our demo it is working fine.

You didn’t changed the pager.phtml.
      I can see <table class=”pager”> and in new Magento version this pager work by DIVs.

You will need update your theme!
      Do you merged the app/ folder?

Anonymous

when i installed the magento, i downloaded the 1.4 and i also downloaded the theme and installed it by merging all the folders.. from what you can see what can i do?? do i need to merge the folder app/ ?? i did a lot of changes to have it in greek, will it change them?

Anonymous

guys some help??

Anonymous

@Christophoros Tzirtzipis

I will give you the steps for fixing the pager manually but we don’t take responsibility for any inconvenience due to errors in any step from your side. The fix we provide is to redownload the theme which is working properly now.

Steps for fixing the pager:
      1- Copy the file pager.phtml from app/design/frontend/base/default/template/page/html to app/design/frontend/default/[your_theme]/template/page/html
      2- In the file catalog.xml in line 82 replace the #reference content with the following:

3- Erase the toolbar folder in app/design/frontend/default/hellosimple/template/catalog/product/list/
      4- Copy the file: app/design/frontend/base/default/template/catalog/product/list/toolbar.phtml in app/design/frontend/default/hellosimple/template/catalog/product/list/

Good luck!
      Tell us how it went

Anonymous

hi there, finally got the time to fix the error after a week. now, i did what you mention above, the error that i had is fixed BUT.. now i cannot get the next page option.. no paging?? do we have a solution?? here is the site http://www.chromatopolio.com

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
    Reply To: Magento Categories Problem
    Your information:

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code class="" title="" data-url=""> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong> <pre class="" title="" data-url=""> <span class="" title="" data-url="">