Sharing is helping.

We offer you this space to share your knowledge about Magento and learn from our experienced customers.

Home Forums Theme Forum HelloClean Lost my slider with a Magento upgrade

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
    • Author

Anonymous

I upgraded from 1.3.1 to 1.3.3 and my homepage slider has dropped off. I can add it to other category pages and it works on them but not the homepage. I checked the Admin CMS block code and homepage settings and all looks appropriate. I saw a reference to downloadable theme updates for newer versions of Magento but do not see any place to do this.

Thanks,
      Dave

Support Team
      Key Master

Hello Dave, you can download the new version of the theme in your Dashboard.
      However the themes are working in 1.4.0.1 and we are upgrading to 1.4.1.
      Is your identity (CMS block name) “helloslide”?
      Take a look in /app/design/frontend/default/helloclean/template/page/homepage.phtml
      Have you the next code:

{{block type="cms/block" block_id="helloslide" template="cms/content.phtml"}}

Hope it helps.
      Regards.

Anonymous

I found the below code which is not even close to your above code.

*/
      ?>
      <?php
      /**
      * Template for Mage_Page_Block_Html
      */
      ?>
      <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC “-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN” “http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd”&gt;
      <html xmlns=”http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml&#8221; xml:lang=”<?php echo $this->getLang() ?>” lang=”<?php echo $this->getLang() ?>”>
      <head>
      <?php echo $this->getChildHtml(‘head’) ?>
      </head>

<body <?php echo $this->getBodyClass()?’class=”‘.$this->getBodyClass().’”‘:” ?>>
      <?php /*<p class=”demo-notice”><?php echo $this->__(‘This is a demo store. Any orders placed through this store will not be honored or fulfilled.’) ?></p>*/ ?>
      <div class=”no-display”>
      <h4>Skip to Store Area:</h4>

</div>
      <div class=”container”>
      <?php echo $this->getChildHtml(‘header’) ?>
      <div class=”outline-creator”>
      <?php echo $this->getLayout()->createBlock(‘cms/block’)->setBlockId(‘widget’)->toHtml() ?>
      <!– <div class=”toplinks-bar”>
      </div> –>
      <div class=”search-bar”>
      <?php echo $this->getChildHtml(‘breadcrumbs’) ?>
      </div>
      <div class=”middle layout-2columns”>
      <div class=”col-left sidebar” id=”col-left”>
      <?php echo $this->getChildHtml(‘left’) ?> 
      </div>
      <div class=”col-main” id=”main”>
      <?php echo $this->getChildHtml(‘global_messages’) ?>
      <?php echo $this->getChildHtml(‘content’) ?>
      </div>
      </div>
      </div>

</div> <div class=”footer” id=”footer”>
      <?php echo $this->getChildHtml(‘footer’) ?>
      </div>
      <?php echo $this->getChildHtml(‘before_body_end’) ?>
      <?php echo $this->getAbsoluteFooter() ?>
      </body>
      </html>

Anonymous

In Magento admin, my CMS block title is “Frontpage Widget” and my identifier is set to “widget”

Anonymous

Really would like to get my slider back….the homepage is pretty boring without it. Help?
      Dave

Anonymous

Hi Dave, we have now all the updates themes in the site, so you can download it. The identifier “widget” is the old identifier, with the new version of the theme you will have that identifier called as “homepage”. Have you already upgrade the magento version to 1.4.1??, also, can you please tell us the url of your store, so we can chek out better what is going on. Thanks!.-

Anonymous

Hi Gillermo,
      I’m running version 1.3.3. I will not be updating to 1.4.
      My store is: http://www.fabquest.com

Will the update just overwrite my existing files and will I loose any data including the slider graphics etc.? Just wondering what to backup. robots, 401 redirects etc.

Thanks,
      Dave

Anonymous

Hi Dave, the update woun´t overwrite the files on the Theme, but of course always back up all the data as possible you can.-

Anonymous

Well, I’ll ask the question again, can I overwrite my old them with your 1.3 version and not loose any data/configuration files?

Dave

Anonymous

My above question is because it appears I will be re-installing my theme, not downloading updates.
      Dave

Anonymous

We send you an e-mail with the properly information.-

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
    Reply To: Lost my slider with a Magento upgrade
    Your information:

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code class="" title="" data-url=""> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong> <pre class="" title="" data-url=""> <span class="" title="" data-url="">