Sharing is helping.

We offer you this space to share your knowledge about Magento and learn from our experienced customers.

Home Forums "How do I" questions Latest Products

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
    • Author

Anonymous

This code do not show the latest products but the products of one category, or not?

<div class=”category-head”><h2>Our Latest Products</h2></div>
      {{block type=”catalog/product_list” category_id=”2″ template=”catalog/product/list.phtml”}}

Is it possible to have a list in home page with the latest products?

Thanks in advance!

Support Team
      Key Master

Hello Daniel,
      this code show only one category. (In this case: category=2)

1. Try with this code:
      {{block type=”catalog/product_new” name=”home.catalog.product.new” alias=”product_homepage” template=”catalog/product/new.phtml”}}
      Note that you must have some new products in your catalog for anything to show when you do this. This doesn’t mean that you’ve recently added them; only products explicitly marked as new using “Set Product as New from Date” and “Set Product as New to Date” options in the “General” product information page in the admin tool will be shown.

2. Other way: You can create a new phtml and take from Magento the Latest products. 8O

3. Another way: create a category “Latest Products” and select (manualy) the latest products.

Best regards

Anonymous

How can the “most popular” products be inserted here?

Support Team
      Key Master

Hello Jason,
      you need to create a new extension.
      Please take a look in http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/14764/P15/
      Best regards

Anonymous

Quite a complicated thread, and I’m new to Magento. Not sure I can figure all that out.

Support Team
      Key Master

Hello Jason,
      I don’t have an example. If I had, I send you.
      Regards.

Anonymous

Hello Gaspar, I’ve used this code:
      <div class=”category-head”><h2>Ultimi arrivi</h2></div>
      {{block type=”catalog/product_new” name=”home.catalog.product.new” alias=”product_homepage” template=”catalog/product/new.phtml”}}
      but how can I set the number of coloumn?

Thanks in advance!
      Daniele

Anonymous

You have to edit that file (new.phtml) and set the number of columns.-

Anonymous

mmm Thanks but you can help me?

How can I add control for limit to 4 coloumns?

Thanks again
      Daniele

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
    Reply To: Latest Products
    Your information:

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code class="" title="" data-url=""> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong> <pre class="" title="" data-url=""> <span class="" title="" data-url="">