Sharing is helping.

We offer you this space to share your knowledge about Magento and learn from our experienced customers.

Home Forums Theme Forum HelloCanvas & HelloCanvas iPhone Issue with product showing on the home page

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 5 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    • Author

Anonymous

For some reason I can not get product to show on the home page. I have this error on the home page

“There are no products matching the selection. Please provide a category ID.”

Site

http://peakfirearms.com

from admin

Default Category (ID: 2) with two products in and not showing. What’s wrong or what am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Anonymous

Hi Michael, there are a couple of things you can check when a product is not showing:

1) Check if you have set “Display out of stock products: YES” This is from your Admin-panel: System>Configuration>under Catalog>Inventory>under Stock Options>Display Out of Stock Products: YES

2) Be sure to add the category ID you want to display in the correct place, in this case is a line in the helloCanvas homepage content of code:

<div class=”featured-social”>{{block type=”catalog/product_list” category_id=”12″ template=”catalog/product/featured.phtml”}}</div>

3) From your Admin-panel, be sure to not modify the “Custom Design” settings in your Homepage configuration CMS>Pages>Homepage>Design>Custom Desing , those settings must remain as –Please Select–

Let us know.

Regards.-

Anonymous

the 2nd part was the issue I changed it from 12 to 2 which is what the default ID current is. Thanks for your help :mrgreen:

Anonymous

You’re welcome! 8)

Anonymous

Hi there

Is it possible to show all categories here, instead of just one ID?

Thanks

Paul

Anonymous

Hello, what you can do is to make a “non-visible” category with all your products, and then add that ID.

Cheers.-

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    Reply To: Issue with product showing on the home page
    Your information:

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code class="" title="" data-url=""> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong> <pre class="" title="" data-url=""> <span class="" title="" data-url="">