Sharing is helping.

We offer you this space to share your knowledge about Magento and learn from our experienced customers.

Home Forums Theme Forum HelloKids & HelloKids iPhone Installation broke other template

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Author

Anonymous

Hi,

I’ve just purchased the helloKids theme, and for some reason I thought it would be smart to install it on my live Magento installation.

Result: it broke my live website. It seems like parts of the header and the sidebar have gone missing :( I did nothing else then upload the theme files.. Any idea how this could have happened?

With kind regards,

John

Anonymous

And fixed.. At least my current theme, removed Mage_Local.xml and things went back to normal.. Hopefully HelloKids can function without it?

Anonymous

Hi John, that´s the reason to test the theme in local servers first :lol: . Mage_Local.xml adds the homepage layout option, wich is used by the theme. The best way in this case is install the theme in a different installation, because we don´t know how your current theme is made.

Regards.-

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    Reply To: Installation broke other template
    Your information:

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code class="" title="" data-url=""> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong> <pre class="" title="" data-url=""> <span class="" title="" data-url="">