Sharing is helping.

We offer you this space to share your knowledge about Magento and learn from our experienced customers.

Home Forums "How do I" questions In general: installing Magento sample data or better not?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Author

I want to install Magento the first time – normally I have to unzip the sample data to see anything after starting Magento. But I don’t want to have a lot of products that are later difficult to delete.

So I thought, that if I install Magento AND the HelloCanvas Theme I can use the sample data delivered with this theme. But I can’t find anything at the first sight.

My suggestion: installing Magento without sample data, installing the HelloUpload extension, starting it and installing the HelloCanvas theme – praying, that the necessary sample data are on board.

Any other suggestion? :?: :idea:

Hello Vanderhellen, if you are new to Magento, yes. Sample data will help you to become familiar with products setup. Don’t worry about deleting products later. That’s the easy part. You can delete as much products as you want with just one click. Good luck!

Hi well can you let me know how to install the “helloupload” extension because there is little hellosupport around here. I’ve installed the sample data from the generic magento install and I’d recommend this option.

Hi Julian, i recommend you to not use helloupload. The extension is not working fine at the moment, we are fixing it. We will notify when the extension will be fixed. Thanks.-

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    Reply To: In general: installing Magento sample data or better not?
    Your information:

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code class="" title="" data-url=""> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong> <pre class="" title="" data-url=""> <span class="" title="" data-url="">