Sharing is helping.

We offer you this space to share your knowledge about Magento and learn from our experienced customers.

Home Forums Theme Forum HelloMinty IE 9 SSl problem

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Anonymous 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author

Hi ,

In IE9 when you go to checkout the page goes Black when you click on any of the form box’s , if you click the compitably icon the problem disapers and its all as normal .

If you add to the basket and then try and checkout as a guest you will see what i mean.

Cheers for your help

ok fixed it ..

The quick fix is to fool IE9 to “think” it’s acting as IE8 by adding a custom meta tag to the page header like so:

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=8" />

I personally opted for the .htaccess approach (thanks to the comment by Joe Fletcher) to avoid altering site files and believe it’s slightly more elegant as it can easily be removed when the issue is fixed. For this to work, you must have the Apache Headers module enabled.

Add this to the end of your .htaccess file:

BrowserMatch MSIE best-standards-support
      Header set X-UA-Compatible IE=8 env=best-standards-support

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    Reply To: IE 9 SSl problem
    Your information:

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code class="" title="" data-url=""> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong> <pre class="" title="" data-url=""> <span class="" title="" data-url="">