Sharing is helping.

We offer you this space to share your knowledge about Magento and learn from our experienced customers.

Home Forums Theme Forum HelloPod IE 6 Catagory List Image Rollover Causes Layout Jitter

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Support Team 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Author

It seems that when looking at my site in IE 6, the layout jumps around the screen every time I rollover an image. Is it possible to disable the rollover image tooltip that gives a larger view of the image? It’s a cool feature, but if it kills the experience for IE 6 users, than it won’t be worth having it.

Any ideas? Thanks for the help!

Support Team
      Key Master

Hello Eric,
      it is not so easy, but I thought the posibilities.
      1. You can change app/design/frontend/default/hellopod/layout/page.xml and add this line:
      <action method=”addItem”><type>skin_js</type><name>js/slider.js</name><params/><if>lt IE 7</if></action>
      Only do the slider when it’s not IE6.
      I never did this, but it should work.

2. You can add a pace of code in CMS – Static block. Like this:
      < div class=”slider-ie6″ style=”display:none;” >< img src=”{{media url=helloslide/02.jpg}}” alt=”" />< /div >
      Tehen edit styles-ie.css and write:

Hope it helps.
      Best regards.

Thank you for the suggestions. Is it possible to remove this larger image rollover effect in the list view? Which piece of code should I remove from list.phtml?

Support Team
      Key Master

it is not in list.phtml.
      It is a Static Block. (Helloslide). Remove or Disable the static block.
      Another choice:
      go to /app/design/frontend/default/YOURTHEME/template/page, open homepage.phtml and comment the line:
      <?php echo $this->getLayout()->createBlock('cms/block')->setBlockId('helloslide')->toHtml() ?>
      Best regards.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    Reply To: IE 6 Catagory List Image Rollover Causes Layout Jitter
    Your information:

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code class="" title="" data-url=""> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong> <pre class="" title="" data-url=""> <span class="" title="" data-url="">