Sharing is helping.

We offer you this space to share your knowledge about Magento and learn from our experienced customers.

Home Forums Theme Forum HelloPress how to have Product list – more than 1 category in home page.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Support Team 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    • Author

Anonymous

Hi, I want to list more items in different categories under Our Latest Products.

pls tell me how to achieve this.

Thank you,

Support Team
      Key Master

Hello Nisha,
      you can create a new category and add the prodcuts to this category.
      Then.. goto CMS – Page and open “home”.
      Look the block:
      {{block type=”catalog/product_list” category_id=”13″ template=”catalog/product/list.phtml”}}
      and change category_id=”newcategory”

Hope it helps!

Anonymous

Tnx for the reply, yeah you are referring to the default instructions right ? What I want is to have two, three categories there.

how to do that ?

Support Team
      Key Master

No, you only can link the page with 1 category_id.
      But you have another options!
      For example, create an new account and assign the products for 3 categories.
      Or try with:
      {{block type=”catalog/product_list” category_id=”1″ template=”catalog/product/list.phtml”}}
      {{block type=”catalog/product_list” category_id=”2″ template=”catalog/product/list.phtml”}}
      {{block type=”catalog/product_list” category_id=”3″ template=”catalog/product/list.phtml”}}

But you will have 3 Pagers.
      Good Luck!

Anonymous

I was also looking to associate more then 1 category for the slider. Is there a work around?

Support Team
      Key Master

Hello Mike,
      for the slider or Features Prodcuts?
      You can create a new category and asign 2, 3 or more categories.
      Hope it helps.
      Best Regards.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    Reply To: how to have Product list – more than 1 category in home page.
    Your information:

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code class="" title="" data-url=""> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong> <pre class="" title="" data-url=""> <span class="" title="" data-url="">