Sharing is helping.

We offer you this space to share your knowledge about Magento and learn from our experienced customers.

Home Forums "How do I" questions How do you make subcategory images show up?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
    • Author

Anonymous is the url

currently – when you click on the category – the category description does appear but Subcategory clickable images – to take you to the individual subcategories do not appear.

This is both in hello mini for the above url and for hello pod for

Wich images are you talking about?, give us un example of the demo.

for example,

if you go to

on the left hand column you will see Boots & Socks

when you hover over you’ll see the subcategories – for example Best Sellers

if you click on Best Sellers – no problems

if you click however on the Boots & Socks category – you’ll see the category description but do not see the corresponding Subcategory images

Did you add the image in the root: /media/catalog/category/ ?

Yes, I checked that folder and the pictures are in there. I used the Magento interface to upload the images to the server. It gets added in there automatically.

Know this wasn’t my original post – but I followed the guidelines added and received the following error message – any ideas?

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘&’ in /homepages/3/d271947925/htdocs/YourEcoWorld/app/design/frontend/default/hellominty/template/catalog/navigation/sub-categories.phtml on line 34

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
    Reply To: How do you make subcategory images show up?
    Your information:

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code class="" title="" data-url=""> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong> <pre class="" title="" data-url=""> <span class="" title="" data-url="">