Sharing is helping.

We offer you this space to share your knowledge about Magento and learn from our experienced customers.

Home Forums Theme Forum HelloMinty How do i make category static on left side

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Support Team 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Author

I’d like to make my navigation like this: There would be also navigation in left sidebar all the time. I know that “shop by” category will appear when i go to catalog, but what i need to do to make category visible all the time?

Best regards, Jani

Support Team
      Key Master

Hello Jani,
      we can’t provide Support for a custom service.
      You need to go to layout/catalog.xml and in <reference name=”left”> or <reference name=”right”> you need to add the navigation block. Something like this:
      <reference name=”left”>

<block type=”catalogsearch/layer” name=”catalogsearch.leftnav” after=”currency” template=”catalog/layer/view.phtml”/>

Hope it helps.
      Best regards.

Thanks for replying Gaspar, really appreciated!

Support Team
      Key Master

you can write a post when you got it.. :wink:

Kind regards

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    Reply To: How do i make category static on left side
    Your information:

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code class="" title="" data-url=""> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong> <pre class="" title="" data-url=""> <span class="" title="" data-url="">