Sharing is helping.

We offer you this space to share your knowledge about Magento and learn from our experienced customers.

Home Forums Theme Forum HelloCurl & HelloCurl iPhone How do i change the favicon ?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Author

Anonymous

Normaly there is a facicon option in the design tab op the configuration.
      But i cannot find it anymore..
      Any idea’s on this ?

Anonymous

Go to: skinfrontenddefaultyourhellotheme There you will see the file: favicon.ico Replace that file with your favicon, use the same file name.

Keep in mind that the favicon gets very cached, and may be it will not display just after you add it, you will have to refresh the page and the browser cache.

Regards.-

Anonymous

I tought there was also a posibility to add a png because i don’t have .ico file.
      Before I uploaded the theme I added an png file as favicon and now i can’t do that anymore ?
      any toughts ?

Anonymous

Hi, all the Internet works with .ico files for favicon. You can use a .png file by editing the line where the favicon is called, but it will look bad:
      appdesignfrontenddefaulthellotonictemplatepagehtmlhead.phtml

<link rel=”shortcut icon” href=”<?php echo $this->getSkinUrl(‘favicon.ico’) ?>” type=”image/x-icon” />

Another solution could be to convert your .png file to .ico file in this site: http://www.favicon.cc/

Regards.-

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    Reply To: How do i change the favicon ?
    Your information:

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code class="" title="" data-url=""> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong> <pre class="" title="" data-url=""> <span class="" title="" data-url="">