Sharing is helping.

We offer you this space to share your knowledge about Magento and learn from our experienced customers.

Home Forums "How do I" questions How do I change the background images?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  paul stanely 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Author

Hi there!
      I feel quite dumb asking such a simple thing, but maybe I just fail to see the obvious. Please help :-(

So I installed the hellowired-theme today and started to customize it. When it came to background images I hit a brick wall.
      I want to apply custom background images to several elements. I failed at the very first one, body:

body   {background: #cff; background-image: url(../image/aready/ar-bg.jpg); font:12px/1.55 arial, helvetica, sans-serif; color:#444; text-align:center;  }

The background-color #cff is applied correctly, any change I make in the css is visible. But when it comes to the background-image it just won’t work.
      I tried:
      - relative and absolute path (both 100% correct)
      - cleared magento cache
      - cleared browser cache
      - tried alternate browsers
      …it just won’t show up. Also, the parameter doesn’t show up in Firebug at all.
      Plus, the chat support said there is no restriction that prevents a background-image from showing. If I get the css right, it should show.

What am I missing?

Thank you!

Turns out I felt dumb for a reason. I got it working now by removing the color at all. There must not be any value inside the background-color-tag. Even “transparent” is evil.

body          {background-image:url(‘../images/aready/ar-bg.jpg’);  font:12px/1.55 arial, helvetica, sans-serif; color:#444; text-align:center; }

Wow, do I feel awkward. At least it wasn’t one of those issues where a “;” is missing ;-)

Have a nice day everyone.

Hello Themes
      Key Master

Hi Regine, thanks for post your fix.

paul stanely

Good to hear that issue is resolved.

Also use an extension to automatically change background images in order to avoid such mistakes. You can configure background images for different events, days, etc. by using the this extension.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    Reply To: How do I change the background images?
    Your information:

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code class="" title="" data-url=""> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong> <pre class="" title="" data-url=""> <span class="" title="" data-url="">