Sharing is helping.

We offer you this space to share your knowledge about Magento and learn from our experienced customers.

Home Forums "How do I" questions Horizontal navigation bar issue

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    • Author

Anonymous

Hi, I have more than 10+ categories, they show nicely on the left menu. but there’s not enough space on the horizontal menu. they show now in 2 rows, the second going right through the slider.
      When I go to menage categories and under the tab general select no at;Include in Navigation Menu – than the categorie disappears from the horizontal as well as the left menu.

Is there a way to either disable the horizontal menu, or preferbly control the number of categories for the horizontal menu.?
      I use the Hellosixty theme
      All help is much appreciated
      tnx.

Anonymous

Hello, to hide the horizontal menu, go to styles.css (line 141)
      Add “display:none” ,like this:

ul#nav {
      display: none;
      float: left;
      height: 43px;
      z-index: 999;
      }

However, give us a link to see it, there is may be another way.

Regards.-

Anonymous

Hi,
      You can see it at http://www.kwaliteits-ladders.com
      Regards

Anonymous

Hi, I just realized that, when the horizontal menu is disabled, i wont have a menu at all when at a product page.
      Is it possible to include the left menu in the product page? or is there another alternative for my dilemma?
      Regards

Anonymous

Hi, to add a left (or right) vertical menu in helloSixty in the product pages, simply go to your catalog.xml, about line 182, change this line:

To this one:

Then you will have to do some adjustments in your styles.css. About line 898, change the width to 400px, like so:

.product-info-box {
      float: right;
      width: 400px;
      }

Hope this helps.

Cheers.-

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    Reply To: Horizontal navigation bar issue
    Your information:

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code class="" title="" data-url=""> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong> <pre class="" title="" data-url=""> <span class="" title="" data-url="">