Sharing is helping.

We offer you this space to share your knowledge about Magento and learn from our experienced customers.

Home Forums Theme Forum HelloCurl & HelloCurl iPhone Homepage looks like a wreck

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  mitchel 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
    • Author

Anonymous

Hello, I’ll start off by saying I am quite limited in my knowlege of computers but after much reading and installing magento I decided to purchase a theme to jazz it up.

I followed the manual install process but the front page still looks really bad. There is no slider and some of the images seem out of position. I have tried a reinstall without any progress.

If someone could help me out i’d very much appreciate it, we’re looking to move our business off ebay pretty soon.
      thanks,
      Roman

EDIT: my website: http://aussiedealsdirect.com/
      just incase you want to see what i’m talking about :)

Anonymous

Hi, every thing looks correct in your site, only the menu bar is missing. We have sent you an e-mail regarding this, please check it. thanks.-

Anonymous

thank you so much for the prompt reply, I have replied to your email :-)

Anonymous

You’re wellcome, the theme was wrong installed, it has to be in System > Configuration > Design > Themes.

Cheers!.-

Anonymous

thanks allot mate, can’t beleive how fast you guys are to help out.
      I’ll be recommending you to others after this :D

Anonymous

I’m still having issues with the slider in firefox I have noticed, it also seems like there should be a gap between the slider and the large gif above it but there isn’t.
      I also noticed that in forefox some nice shadows appear behind boxes and such but in ie they do not show, I was just wondering why that is?
      I have learnt allot over the past day and am still learning but I feel once I have resolved this slider issue the template will certainly provide everything I need.
      Any help would be much appreciated

Anonymous

Hi, we checked your site and it’s seems to have configurations problems again. Also there is a javascript message appearing. Have you modified the files of the theme?.

Regards.-

Anonymous

thank you for the reply :)

The only thing I have done is changed the large gif image which I did not think would cause any issues seeing as I made it the same size and named it the same.

If I am doing something to ruin the slider i’m not sure what it is, which is a problem because I could very well wreck it again and again…

Anonymous

Hi, it’s seems to be realted with the homepage settings, i recommend you to remove the cms homepage of hellocurl, and add it again, also make sure the theme it’s not installed in System > Design, it has to be in System > Configuration > Design.

Anonymous

I have enquired about paying to have it installed, figure i’ll leave it up to the guys who know the template best. I may have mentioned that I want hellocurl installed but I actually like canvas better as it has a search option.
      It’s been 2 days without reply however, does anyone know how quickly this problem can be rectified as i’d really like to start making my website.

thank you,
      Roman

Anonymous

should I email you guys again? I am yet to recieve a reply :(

I have no problems paying for proper installation, did my email get through to support staff?

Anonymous

Hello Roman, we didn’t receive any e-mail from you in support at hellothemes dot com

Check now if you have an e-mail from us now.

Cheers.-

mitchel

Hello,

I have a problem with this theme.
      I accidentally flush the magento cache storage so my menubar is gone.

Can anyone help me to fix this?

The website is http://www.kooymansfietsshop.nl

With best regards,

Mitchel

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
    Reply To: Homepage looks like a wreck
    Your information:

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code class="" title="" data-url=""> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong> <pre class="" title="" data-url=""> <span class="" title="" data-url="">