Sharing is helping.

We offer you this space to share your knowledge about Magento and learn from our experienced customers.

Home Forums Theme Forum HelloPodcast Homepage "Category Slider" is showing Vertical, vs Horizontal

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
    • Author

Hello I am setting up a store and chose a category (featured) to appear on the home page

the products show up but they are vertical on the screen. (up & down vs across)

I suspect its a bug because when I check the CMS-Homepage code there is paragraph tags added

<p>{{block type=”catalog/product_list” category_id=”4″ template=”catalog/product/featured_products.phtml”}}</p>
      <p> </p>
      <!– start images –>

Any assistance you can provide is appreciate as always.

Hi Charles, sorry for the inconvenience, can you provide us with the url of your store?, so we can take a look at the issue.
      Also remember this is the content of the homepage you shoud have for hellopodcast:

Sure Guillermo, the URL is

and yes I did use the code as directed in the instructions but only copied the first line which it what seems to be effected

I am also having issue with the magento bug addressed in this same forum titled

href links on 3 ads at bottom of the homepage

The 3 ads on the bottom of the page are not taking the changes in the admin for links and alt tags, Gasper said it was a Magento bug, do you have a fix?

Hi Charles, we entered in your store and it seems the issue is because you have an option enable in your admin that must be disable. Go to: System > Configuration > Developer >Javascript Settings, in: Merge JavaScript Files choose “No”.
      Try with that and lets us know what happens. Thanks.-

Thank you Guillermo that did it!

Can you assist with the 3 ads at the bottom of the page not saving URL and Meta tag information

Ok, great. Is not a magento bug really, go to your homepage content, and disable the “Show/Hide Editor” bar, delete the <p> and </p> of the blocks, find this: href=”#”, between the ” ” you have to type your link, and find alt=, between ” ” you have to type the text you want to display.

Try that, regards.-

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
    Reply To: Homepage "Category Slider" is showing Vertical, vs Horizontal
    Your information:

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code class="" title="" data-url=""> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong> <pre class="" title="" data-url=""> <span class="" title="" data-url="">