Sharing is helping.

We offer you this space to share your knowledge about Magento and learn from our experienced customers.

Home Forums Theme Forum HelloCoco & HelloCoco iPhone Home menu item not translating

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Author

Anonymous

Hey guys, I’m sure I’m missing something obvious, but after checking Magento forums it seems others are having issues with translating the “Home” menu item in the main menu. Is this a template thing? I’ve translated the word “Home” in every csv file that has it and also added “home”,”首頁” to my template locale csv file but no go. http://www.goodties.com (demo site). Hope you can shed some light on this for me.

Kev

Anonymous

Hey, to translate “Home” on the top-nav menu in HelloCoco, simply go to:
      appdesignfrontenddefaulthellococotemplatecatalognavigationtop.phtml

At the bottom of that file, you will find the line to translate “Home” link.

Regards!.-

Anonymous

Better yet, change this:

<li><a href="<?php echo $this->getUrl('')?>"><span class="home">Home</span></a></li>

to this:

<li><a href="<?php echo $this->getUrl('')?>"><span class="home"><?php echo $this->__('Home') ?></span></a></li>

This will allow the text in your translate.csv to work with your “home” translation.

Anonymous

Great!, thanks for the information!.

Regards.-

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    Reply To: Home menu item not translating
    Your information:

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code class="" title="" data-url=""> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong> <pre class="" title="" data-url=""> <span class="" title="" data-url="">