Sharing is helping.

We offer you this space to share your knowledge about Magento and learn from our experienced customers.

Home Forums Theme Forum HelloUno HelloUNO navigation-background

This topic contains 17 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
    • Author

Anonymous

Hi

If you have too many categories, the navigation (horizontal menu) goes crazy and wont show the rest categories because of the navigation-background wont show up.

The left menu is OKAY. How to show categories ? I tried to make som changes in “menu.css” – #navigation {float: left; background: transparent url(../images/navigation.png) no-repeat; width: 100%;}

I removed the “no-repeat” and that helped a bit, but it still looks not that pretty. Possible to define the height on the navigation-background? so it doesn’t repeat but just cover in one.

My development skills sucks :)

Hello Themes
      Key Master

@gizzza

Please leave us the domain of your store, so we can see what we can do.

Anonymous

I have the same problem since I have 25 categories on my store. Can you just set a limit to the number of categories displayed on the top nav or even better, hand pick which ones show on the top navigation bar?

Thanks,
      dcross

Anonymous

Somehow you don’t receive my emails when using the contact form.

Could you please give me a email address? I can’t publish the link here yet.

Hello Themes
      Key Master

@gizzza

Please leave us your FTP details and Magento Administration details to support@hellothemes.com.

Thanks.

Anonymous

Please let me know if you have a solution for gizzza, this issue is stopping me in my tracks from being able to use this template. Can the top nav bar categories be converted over to just links versus automatically grabbing the stores categories?

Thanks
      dcross

Anonymous

Thanks. Mail has been sent with all details

“Douglas” – I will let you know when if we find a solution. ;)

Anonymous

Any progress from anyone on this issue. I am sure there are others out there that will fight this same issue with having too many categories to fit on the top navigation bar.

dcross

Anonymous

Hi Douglas.

Nothing here. Still waiting for response by support team.
      The only temporary solution which is working (less good) is to remove “no repeat” in menu.css

Anonymous

Thanks Gizza, I hope the support team can come up with a fix.

dcross

Anonymous

I am very disappointed that this has not been resolved yet. The HelloUno Template is absolutely worthless to me in its current configuration without being able to limit the number of categories on the top menu bar. This wrapping effect is also preventing the slider from functioning as well.

Is there no fix at this time? If so, I will quit posting and move on.

Thanks,
      dcross

Hello Themes
      Key Master

@Douglas Crosswhite

We are currently working on HelloUno to provide you with a solution. As the theme is only meant to have a certain amount of categories, i guess we could put all categories under one category. For example:

- Home
      - Our Products
      —- All your categories here…
      - Another Link
      - Another Link

etc

Let us know, if thats something that you wouldn’t mind implementing.

Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.

Anonymous

Aaron,

Thanks for the response, putting all of categories under one would be fine for the top navigation bar as long as it left the side navigation bar showing all categories.

I would also be fine with setting the top bar to just links to certain categories as well if that is possible. I am not a programmer, but I have seen post where a small piece of php code is added to the top.phtml file that counts to a certain number, say “5″ and then stops listing any additional categories after that. That would be ideal for me, but I will take whatever fix you can give me.

Thanks again for directly responding. I really like your clean designs and the slider is must. Just let me know what I need to do next.

Thanks,
      Doug

Anonymous

Still nothing….

Hello Themes
      Key Master

@gizzza

Please leave us your FTP details and Magento Administration details again to support@hellothemes.com

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
    Reply To: HelloUNO navigation-background
    Your information:

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code class="" title="" data-url=""> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong> <pre class="" title="" data-url=""> <span class="" title="" data-url="">