Sharing is helping.

We offer you this space to share your knowledge about Magento and learn from our experienced customers.

Home Forums Theme Forum HelloUno HelloUno – Layered navigation not showing other attributes

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
    • Author

Anonymous

The left column that displays shopping option such as price, weight, manufacturer etc. is not showing up.

Only the category is showing but no others below that. I have added products, made the attributes drop down and included in layered navigation but nothing.

have checked view.phtml, left.phtml and catalog.phtml and they are exact to the downloaded copy.

is this a common problem?

catalog.xml

<reference name="root">
      <action method="setTemplate"><template>page/2columns-left.phtml</template></action>
      </reference>
      <reference name="left">
      <block type="catalog/layer_view" name="catalog.leftnav" after="currency" template="catalog/layer/view.phtml"/>
      </reference>
      <reference name="content">
      <block type="catalog/category_view" name="category.products" template="catalog/category/view.phtml">

left.phtml

<?php if (!Mage::registry('current_category')) return ?>
      <?php $_categories=$this->getCurrentChildCategories() ?>
      <?php $_count = is_array($_categories)?count($_categories):$_categories->count(); ?>
      <?php if($_count): ?>
      <div class="box layered-nav">
      <div class="head">
      <h4><?php echo $this->__('Shop By') ?></h4>
      </div>
      <h4><?php echo $this->__('Category') ?></h4>
      <div class="content">
      <div class="narrow-by">
      <dl id="narrow-by-list">
      <dd class="no-padding no-border">

<?php foreach ($_categories as $_category): ?>
        <?php if($_category->getIsActive()): ?>

1. getCategoryUrl($_category) ?>"<?php if ($this->isCategoryActive($_category)): ?> class="active"<?php endif ?>><?php echo $this->htmlEscape($_category->getName()) ?> (<?php echo $_category->getProductCount() ?>)
      2. <?php endif; ?>
        <?php endforeach ?>

</dd>
      </dl><script type="text/javascript">decorateDataList('narrow-by-list')</script>
      </div>
      </div>
      </div>
      <?php endif; ?>
      <!-- [ends] .browse-by // -->

view.phtml

<?php if($this->canShowBlock()): ?>
      <div class="box layered-nav">
      <div class="head">
      <h3 class="title"><?php echo $this->__('Shop by') ?></h3>
      </div>

<?php echo $this->getStateHtml() ?>
      <?php if($this->canShowOptions()): ?>
      <h4><?php echo $this->__('Shopping Options') ?></h4>
      <div class="content no-padding">
      <div class="narrow-by">
      <dl id="narrow-by-list">
      <?php $_filters = $this->getFilters() ?>
      <?php foreach ($_filters as $_filter): ?>
      <?php if($_filter->getItemsCount()): ?>
      <dt><?php echo $this->__($_filter->getName()) ?></dt>
      <dd>
      <?php echo $_filter->getHtml() ?>
      </dd>
      <?php endif; ?>
      <?php endforeach; ?>
      </dl>
      <script type="text/javascript">decorateDataList('narrow-by-list')</script>
      </div>
      </div>
      <?php endif; ?>
      </div>
      <?php endif; ?>
      <!-- [ends] .browse-by // -->

Anonymous

finally got it working.

for users finding the same problem:

In app/design/frontend/default/hellouno/layout/catalog.xml about line 84

need to change:

<block type="catalog/navigation" name="catalog.leftnav" after="currency" template="catalog/navigation/left.phtml"/>

to:

<block type="catalog/layer_view" name="catalog.leftnav" after="currency" template="catalog/layer/view.phtml"/>

Anonymous

Hi, this is working in our demo site: http://demos.hellothemes.com/hellouno/furniture.html

Anyway, thanks for posting your resolution.-

Anonymous

@support – yeah i thought my files were incorrect so I downloaded the files again and they were still the same so I’m guessing your download is not the same as your demo.

This also happened with Hello Press where page.xml was missing:

<action method="addJs"><script>lib/ccard.js</script></action>

and validation.js had to be updated as well to allow credit cards to work.

Just thought I’d let you know.

Anonymous

Hi Dean, i have to tell you that you are wrong now :wink: Because the download has the correct lines, both lines have to be in catalog.xml. This line is for non-anchor categories, line 85 (wich is the line that you modified):

This other one, line 126, is for the anchor categories:

I think your issue is that you didn’t set the categories as“anchor” categories, this can be done when you create a category in Catalog>Manage Categories>under “Display settings” tab>set Is Anchor to Yes.

Try that and let me know.

Cheers!.-

Anonymous

wow, just re-edited the files back to standard and set the main categories to “Anchor” and it works as normal.

Who new that one little option could cause hours of trying to figure out. Thanks support!

So in summary:

If you are having issues with LAYERED NAVIGATION not working properly you will need to make sure your main categories are set to be anchors:

Catalog>Manage Categories>under “Display settings” tab>set Is Anchor to Yes.

Thanks again support. Hopefully you can add this to the pdf instructions.

Anonymous

Hi, yes we must add it.

Kind regards.-

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
    Reply To: HelloUno – Layered navigation not showing other attributes
    Your information:

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code class="" title="" data-url=""> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong> <pre class="" title="" data-url=""> <span class="" title="" data-url="">