Sharing is helping.

We offer you this space to share your knowledge about Magento and learn from our experienced customers.

Home Forums "How do I" questions HelloStyle: Default homepage not showing products,why?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
    • Author

Anonymous

After installation, i realised the default page is not showing any item product, it showing only homepage with header but no default images or categories. WHAT COULD POSSIBLE HAVE GONE WRONG?

I went on with the customisation and this affected the display as nothing showed even after correctly following the hellostyle instruction. Pls what do i do to get the default homepage show properly and also be able to upload and display my Hellostyle theme properly too.

Am using the latest version 1.51.0, is it supported with Hellostyle? Pls help.

Anonymous

I’m struggling with the same problem. Any solutions the next few hours?
      {{block type=”catalog/navigation” name=”catalog.categories” template=”catalog/navigation/category-listing-home.phtml”}}

#2 How is it possible to use the “horizontal product catalog slider” used in HelloDisplay instead?

Best regards
      Knut

Anonymous

Hi, HelloStyle is working correctly, it was designed to show only the list of categories in the homepage and their images, not products. Also, if you add a description to a category, it will show up if you hover the category image.

Regards.-

Anonymous

Hi again. I have done all that. Still not working. Do the images how to be stored in a spesific folder? How do I choose category to be shown on the front page: I want to show 3 categories only.

Thanks.
      Knut

Anonymous

Aah.. No I understand why this is not working: I does not show SUB CATEGORIES. Is this possible? Thanks

Knut

Anonymous

Hi! Someone who has any good idea to get this featured categories home block look better. When I use the same image size as on the front page my images get stretched.

Thanks
      Cheers
      Knut

Anonymous

Hello Knut, the feature will show the main categories, not the subcategories. To add category images, you have to do it from your Magento Admin panel: Catalog>Manage Categories>browse your image from the Image field.

The proper image size is: 288px width and 222px height

Hope this help you.

Regards.-

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
    Reply To: HelloStyle: Default homepage not showing products,why?
    Your information:

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code class="" title="" data-url=""> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong> <pre class="" title="" data-url=""> <span class="" title="" data-url="">