Sharing is helping.

We offer you this space to share your knowledge about Magento and learn from our experienced customers.

Home Forums Theme Forum HelloSimple HelloSimple Top Menu

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
    • Author

Anonymous

Hi, i cannot figure out how to add the categories in the top (main) menu, next to HomePage, also, at the HomePage in the content i want to show items from category 3 that i do have but i get this message “There are no products matching the selection”. The category exists, what can i do?

Anonymous

Go to Catalog->Manage categories, select the category and make sure the option Is Active * is set to ‘yes’

Tell me if that made it work.

Anonymous

the categories are active..

Anonymous

It’s something from the magento admin, you would have to check your configuration or check in some magento forum.

Here are a few links that could give you a hand:
      http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/how-to/how_to_create_new_categories_in_magento

http://www.siteground.com/tutorials/magento/magento_configuration.htm

Anonymous

i have set the categories as stated in the links above but they do not appear in the main menu. is their anything else i have to do?

Anonymous

okay, figured out what was going wrong, thanks anw

Anonymous

Hi Christophoros,

I am having the same problem getting my categories active in the main navigation…and have followed the steps in the user manual but no luck.

What was going wrong for you and how did you fix it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
      JC

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
    Reply To: HelloSimple Top Menu
    Your information:

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code class="" title="" data-url=""> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong> <pre class="" title="" data-url=""> <span class="" title="" data-url="">