Sharing is helping.

We offer you this space to share your knowledge about Magento and learn from our experienced customers.

Home Forums Theme Forum HelloMinty HelloMinty in IE7

This topic contains 15 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
    • Author

Installed HelloMinty no problems, very nice theme. anyway, whenever i try to view a product either from the “latest products” list or select a category from the top menu only in IE7 i get blank pages. This also happens when i view your hellominty demo and do the same or any of the other sites who have provided urls here with hellominty as the theme. Please advise. Also, works just fine in firefox or chrome.

Just to update, the problem is somewhere in your skin/frontend/default/hellosimple/css/iestyles.css
      style sheet. if i rename it, the product page will display but the page formats are distorted.

Support Team
      Key Master

Hello Dean,
      I tried with many things.
      The problem disappear when I remove

<div class=”clear”></div>

from app/design/frontend/default/hellominty/template/page/2columns-left.phtml

Please try and tell me if it work for you.
      Look at our demo.

I removed the line and now the product image/quick overview are in the wrong spot.

See screenshot here:

I looked at the demo site and it looks like there’s problem there too.

Support Team
      Key Master

Hello Adrienne,
      ok, it is a CSS error, but you don’t see a blank page, right?
      I test the theme with IETester and I can see ok.
      I will test with real IE6 and 7.

The pages are not blank anymore, but I don’t know how to fix the css problem.

i made the change as well and mine now looks fine in ie7. I have not tested in ie6 and don’t need to as i no longer support it but let me know if i can help.

Just kidding! I’ll load up the IE6 machine and test as well.

I removed <div class=”clear”></div>
      and replaced it with
      and now it looks fine

i checked in IE 6 and it looks ok to me.

Support Team
      Key Master

Thanks Dean and Adrienne for your replies!
      We’re here to help.

Adrienne, can you tell me what you replaced the line with. I had originally commented it out and it looked fine. When i delete the line it shifts the colums like you said.

@Dean Coker

I replaced it with a line break

Thank you adrienne.
      I think it is due to some more of the way IE handles the .clear function. I have had to put a lot of fixes in myself but i will let Gaspar and the guys figure it out for sure. Thanks again for the help.

Support Team
      Key Master

Dean, I am looking other posibility, because this don’t like me.
      If I find it, I post it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
    Reply To: HelloMinty in IE7
    Your information:

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code class="" title="" data-url=""> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong> <pre class="" title="" data-url=""> <span class="" title="" data-url="">