Sharing is helping.

We offer you this space to share your knowledge about Magento and learn from our experienced customers.

Home Forums "How do I" questions Hellominty – Changing Homepage from Latest Products to Most Popular Products

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author

Anonymous

I have set up HelloMinty on Magneto and now have a few products on the site. I have got the slider images on the homepage all working and it currently shows the latest products that have been added to the site.

But i would like to change the homepage to display the most popular products instead of the latest.
      On previous hellothemes this was doable through the admin area does the same apply? if is there another solution.

big thanks in advance

Anonymous

Hey Tina,
      To display the featured area on the homepage you placed this code on the homepage content (CMS → Manage Pages- Select “Home Page”)

<div class=”page-title”><h2>Our Latest Products</h2></div>
      {{block type=”catalog/product_list” category_id=”3″ template=”catalog/product/list.phtml”}}

There you can change the h2 title to whatever you want (most popular products).
      And you can make a category with the products you want to appear on the homepage and then change the category_id above.

Hope this helps.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    Reply To: Hellominty – Changing Homepage from Latest Products to Most Popular Products
    Your information:

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code class="" title="" data-url=""> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong> <pre class="" title="" data-url=""> <span class="" title="" data-url="">