Sharing is helping.

We offer you this space to share your knowledge about Magento and learn from our experienced customers.

Home Forums Theme Forum HelloCanvas & HelloCanvas iPhone hellocanvas iphone doesnt peruse html tags in product desciptions

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
    • Author

Anonymous

Hello,

I have noticed that there is a bug with the HelloCanvas iPhone theme in which it does not peruse product descriptions HTML tags and display them

in product descriptions you get the following:

<strong>product name</strong>
      <br />
      more text….

Anonymous

I have had the same problem with the Helloone iPhone theme and now tested on the hello canvas for iphone theme with the same bug. Can anyone fix this bug on the support team? I think this is a problem for everyone using the iphone themes. Its a huge problem especially for twitter, facebook, and other like buttons also not showing properly in the website.

FYI, I have tested the Magento default iphone theme and it is fully compatible with like buttons and other html code not showing up. So this problem is fixable.

Anonymous

This problem is being worked on now. Stay tuned for updates!

Anonymous

Hi there, I just downloaded the latest iPhone version and the problem still exists. When is there a bug fix to be expected?

Cheers
      Daniel

Anonymous

Hi, we have fixed this issue.

First, remember to disable your html editor and enable “html tags on frontend” in the attributes “Description” and “Short Description” in your admin:
      Catalog > Attributes > Manage Attributes > search for “description” > under Frontend Properties
      in “Enable WYSIWYG” select NO, in “Allow HTML Tags on Frontend” select YES.
      Do the same for the attribute “Short Description”

Then, you have to modify 2 files of your iPhone theme: list.phtml and description.phtml

appdesignfrontenddefaulthellocanvas_iphonetemplatecatalogproductlist.phtml :

find this line:

and replace it with this:

appdesignfrontenddefaulthellocanvas_iphonetemplatecatalogproductviewdescription.phtml :

find this line:

replace it with this:

And that’s it!.

Cheers!!.-

Anonymous

Awesome! Thanks for that.

Best regards
      Daniel

Anonymous

You’re wellcome.

Kind regards.-

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
    Reply To: hellocanvas iphone doesnt peruse html tags in product desciptions
    Your information:

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code class="" title="" data-url=""> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong> <pre class="" title="" data-url=""> <span class="" title="" data-url="">