Sharing is helping.

We offer you this space to share your knowledge about Magento and learn from our experienced customers.

Home Forums Theme Forum HelloSixty and HelloSixty iPhone Hard-coded values for number of products displayed?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author

Hi, I’m trying to change the number of products displayed per page (Grid), and even though I have “Products per Page on Grid Allowed Values” set to 9,15,30 and the ‘Products per Page on Grid Default Value’ as 9, the front end displays 8,16,24,All as the values and defaults to 8. This wouldn’t be so bad if 8 products on a page made sense, but with a three-across configuration, this always leaves an empty space in the grid.

So, my question is, are these values hard-coded into the skin instead of honoring the preferences set in the admin panel?

Same goes for the ‘list’ view, it is defaulting to 10,20,30,All instead of the 5,10, etc. that is set in the back-end.

Hi, the values are hardcoded in catalog.xml You can change them from there, or just comment the lines so the theme will take the values from your Admin panel.

catalog.xml line 87-96

comment the first line, like this: <!–action method=”setDefaultListPerPage”><limit>10</limit></action>

and the last line of the block: <action method=”addPagerLimit” translate=”label”><mode>grid</mode><limit>all</limit><label>All</label></action–>

Also, line 124-133
      comment the first line: <!–action method=”setDefaultListPerPage”><limit>10</limit></action>

and the last line: <action method=”addPagerLimit” translate=”label”><mode>grid</mode><limit>all</limit><label>All</label></action–>

Any doubts please let us know.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    Reply To: Hard-coded values for number of products displayed?
    Your information:

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code class="" title="" data-url=""> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong> <pre class="" title="" data-url=""> <span class="" title="" data-url="">