Sharing is helping.

We offer you this space to share your knowledge about Magento and learn from our experienced customers.

Home Forums Theme Forum HelloWired Footer Not Rendering Properly

This topic contains 14 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
    • Author

Anonymous

Good Afternoon,

Has anyone had a problem with the footer not rendering properly for this template? The template loaded a StaticBlock for the footer, however, all of the data draws horizontally, in list format from top to bottom. Rather than rendering in a nice table format like the demo does… If anyone has come across this issue or has fix please let me know.

Thanks,

Norm

Anonymous

Yes, same issue here….. I remove the creditcard stuff, but none of the links show up:

http://screencast.com/t/b2aCJ7qy

Anonymous

Hi Norm, send us your url to check this, did you select layout as 1column?.

Allan, i think when you remove the creditcard logos you remove also the footer. Please give us your url also.

Many thanks.-

Anonymous

HI Guillermo

The site is http://www.energymonitorsdirect.com/

I’d been in touch with support they requested payment to fix this issue….I’d sent in payment over a month ago, had followed up several times, however, no one has responded….

Support currently has my login data for FTP and Magento Admin

Thanks,

Norm

Anonymous

Hi Norm, i have fixed your store. I couldn’t find out what’s happening with the “acces” links on the header, did you modify header.phtml?, try removing the logo and tell me what happened.

Regards.-

Anonymous

Hi Guillermo,

I tried removing the logo and the same thing happens….This problem occurs when hellowired and hellojynxx are installed at the same time…

I tried installing hellowired by itself on a separate server, clean installation of magento all by itself and the template worked fine. Once Hellojynxx was installed, the template started having this issue…

I also tried installing hellojynxx by itself on a clean magento install, and then installed hellowired afterwards, the problem occurred then as well. There appears to be some sort of cross link between the hellowired and hellojynxx files…

Anonymous

By The Way….I’ve run into other errors similar header and footer errors when installing 2 hellothemes templates on the same server… For some reason, the header and footer files are being cross linked between themes…

Anonymous

Here is the code I have for the access links in my header.html

<div class=”access”>
      <?php echo $this->getChildHtml(‘topLinks’) ?>
      </div>

Anonymous

Guillermo,

I did a little more digging and found that my style.css is missing some code for the top links, around lines 456 and 492. This is the code that controls the “access” links…

This style.css I have installed is the code I’d installed directly from the download from your site, without any modifications

Thanks,

Norm

Anonymous

Hi, we tried installing hellowired and then hellotimes at the same time but nothing wrong happened. We recommend you to install them in differents stores views or differents websites.
      About the styles.css, the demo site uses the same styles.css file you have, and it doesn’t have this issues.-

Anonymous

Hi Norm,

If you haven’t tried this yet, completely disable your WYSIWYG editor in the backend and re-enter the default HelloTheme HTML for the static block. The editor tends to mess with HTML a bit. See if that solves your footer issue.

Kevin

Anonymous

Thanks Kevin,

The footer is actually working fine right now… The header is the remaining problem…..

The access links render vertically, stacking one over the other, rather than rendering horizontally in a straight line….

Weird thing is the template works fine when I install the template by itself on a new clean install of magento core. I then install any other Hellothemes template on the same server and the footer and header blow up….. Hellothemes templates appear to have some cross linked files…

In any event, my current issue with this themes is the header is not rendering properly. The demo site I have installed can be viewed at http://www.energymonitoresdirect.com

Anonymous

I think you might want to read up on how Magento reads template files at http://www.magentocommerce.com/design_guide/articles/working-with-magento-themes. This article will point out how Magento deals with template hierarchy and fallbacks.

Simply put, Magento ignores the version of the redundant file lower in hierarchy and recognizes only the version higher in hierarchy for file names, and not every template from HT has all default files included. When a file in an HT theme isn’t found, Magento looks in the other template folders until it is found in the default theme (which happens immediately if there is no other template installed). In your case, since there is another template installed, Magento is falling back to the version of the lower template in hierarchy rather than the default theme, which HT themes were designed to do.

Ideally, you should find those files that are being called from the default theme and copy them into your HT template folder so Magento reads it. The link to your site is broken, so get that up and I’ll try to help out more.

Kevin

Anonymous

Thanks Kevin,

There was a typo in my link. The correct link is : http://www.energymonitorsdirect.com/

Anonymous

I have same problem. I install Hellowired with Magento Connect, but my footlinks is missing.

What should i do?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
    Reply To: Footer Not Rendering Properly
    Your information:

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code class="" title="" data-url=""> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong> <pre class="" title="" data-url=""> <span class="" title="" data-url="">