Sharing is helping.

We offer you this space to share your knowledge about Magento and learn from our experienced customers.

Home Forums "How do I" questions Extra HelloMix Product View Tabs in CE

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 6 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author

It seems like it should be easy to add a tab but I have been working on this for 4 days and need some help ;)

I have read just about everything I can find and have tried several different times to get an additional tab in the product view page of HelloMix. I am building a website that sells bicycle frames and I have set up an attribute called fr_geometry that contains an html table. I just need that table to be under its own tab on the products view page. Also, there are other products that don’t need the geometry tab so it should not be displayed on those view pages.

I have added
      <action method="addTab" translate="title" module="catalog"><alias>geometry</alias><title>Geometry</title><block>catalog/product_view</block><template>catalog/product/view/geometry.phtml</template></action>
      to catalog.xml.

I have also been trying to create a catalog/product/view/geometry.phtml that contains

but I think I may have something wrong with it, because it kills the current contents of the Description and Information tabs.

Can someone please lead me in the right direction for implementing this change in HelloMix I am running Magento

I really need to get this figured out as soon as possible.

Thanks everyone.

Hello Matt, i recommend you to make a configurable product with an attribute as you want, because adding an attribute in the tabs could be a very complicated process. Here you have a tutorial to make a config. product with attributes:

May be you were adding the block in a wrong place, you can check this tutorial we made:

Hope that helps!.-

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    Reply To: Extra HelloMix Product View Tabs in CE
    Your information:

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code class="" title="" data-url=""> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong> <pre class="" title="" data-url=""> <span class="" title="" data-url="">