Sharing is helping.

We offer you this space to share your knowledge about Magento and learn from our experienced customers.

Home Forums "How do I" questions Disable tabs

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
    • Author

Hello. How i can disable tabs on the product page?

Hi, go to appdesignfrontenddefaultyourthemetemplatecatalogproductview and comment the file tabs.phtml (like __tabs.phtml). You will not have the tabs anymore then.

I do this, but all description was disappeared
      also i trying change
      <block type=”catalog/product_view_tabs” name=”” as=”info_tabs” template=”catalog/product/view/tabs.phtml” >
      <action method=”addTab” translate=”title” module=”catalog”><alias>description</alias><title>Product Description</title><block>catalog/product_view_description</block><template>catalog/product/view/description.phtml</template></action>
      <action method=”addTab” translate=”title” module=”catalog”><alias>upsell_products</alias><title>We Also Recommend</title><block>catalog/product_list_upsell</block><template>catalog/product/list/upsell.phtml</template></action>
      <action method=”addTab” translate=”title” module=”catalog”><alias>additional</alias><title>Additional Information</title><block>catalog/product_view_attributes</block><template>catalog/product/view/attributes.phtml</template></action>
      <block type=”catalog/product_list_upsell” name=”” as=”upsell_products” template=”catalog/product/list/upsell.phtml”>
      <action method=”setColumnCount”><columns>4</columns></action>
      <action method=”setItemLimit”><type>upsell</type><limit>4</limit></action>

<block type=”catalog/product_view_additional” name=”” as=”product_additional_data” />
      <block type=”catalog/product_view_description” name=”product.description” as=”description” template=”catalog/product/view/description.phtml”>
      <action method=”addToParentGroup”><group>detailed_info</group></action>
      <block type=”catalog/product_view_attributes” name=”product.attributes” as=”additional” template=”catalog/product/view/attributes.phtml”>
      <action method=”addToParentGroup”><group>detailed_info</group></action>

in catalog.xml
      but description dont appeared

Hey Evgeniy,

This can be achieved by a simple layout xml update. First, restore all your original template files. Then, under your “Manage Products” menu, navigate to your product and click on the “Design” tab in the menu. Add the following to your Custom Layout Update section and save:

Your tabs for this product will be gone.

Thank you Kevin
      but this code disable all product description and i need product information like in default magento theme with full description, additional information and following products, but without tabs

What template are you using? In my template, the description.phtml and tabs.phtml are separate files. Check your app/design/frontend/default/your_template/template/catalog/product/view folder to see if you have both of these. If you don’t then these children are hardcoded somewhere and we’ll have to find them. If you see both, then the above code will work if you haven’t modified your code. Check it and get back to me.

I use hellocanvas
      here was only two files media.html and tabs.html

Found it! After you remove the tabs with the layout update in my last post, add the following to your catalog.xml file:

Now add the following in your app/design/frontend/default/your_template/template/catalog/product/view.phtml file where you want it:

This worked on my site.

Thank you very much Kevin
      I add

to view.phtml and some blocks to catalog.xml
      and it works, so problem was in view.phtml, thank you again

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
    Reply To: Disable tabs
    Your information:

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code class="" title="" data-url=""> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong> <pre class="" title="" data-url=""> <span class="" title="" data-url="">