Sharing is helping.

We offer you this space to share your knowledge about Magento and learn from our experienced customers.

Home Forums Theme Forum HelloSexy Checkout button not appearing in mini cart

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
    • Author

The checkout button (action) does not appear in the mini sidebar cart in hello sexy theme. Looking at the page source it is there, it just does not appear. It seems an omission. I would like my customers to see the checkout button and thus checkout.

See and add an item to the basket.

I know this is something to do with styles.css but do not know what/why.

Hello Richard, the checkout button was not added in the cart-sidebar of helloSexy, it’s not an issue of the theme (Where do you see the button in the source code??). The customers have to access to their cart first, then they can checkout from there. This is the same for many hellothemes, you can check the demo site.

Kind regards.-

Not 100% true. The checkout button is displayed in the mini cart, just edited out by the css. It is in the source code. There is one “error” and one change that both need fixing to display the button. 1st the block div is called “block block-cart” whereas in the css it is just called .block-cart

so change the line

.block-cart .actions { display:none !important; }

.block block-cart .actions { display:block; !important; }

and it works.

I have just managed to sort this out at the same time as your post.

Thank you for your fast response anyway.

Hi Richard, as you can see, the “checkout” button is not styled and it’s out of place, that’s because it was not included in the theme design. The “block block-cart” class is the class we assigned to overwrite the default class.

There is always a checkout button in the Magento default css. Anyway, thanks for sharing this in the forum, it may helps others with the same requirement.

To be honest, I cannot understand a basket (mini or otherwise) that does not have a checkout button.

If you say you designed it this way then fine. Personally I prefer to think of it as an oversight.

With the slight change in the css the very nice hello sexy style checkout button appears. It only appears when there is stuff in the basket. All in all a result. All I need do now is centre it.

I got confused for a long time until I realised that “block block-cart” is the proper name for the div and .block .block-cart would not address it.

Hi, to center the button, first go to styles.css line 574

.block .actions button.button {
      float: right;

Remove float:right:

Then go to line 572

.block .actions {
      border-top: 1px solid #C2C2C2;
      margin: 5px 0 0;
      padding: 10px 0 0;
      text-align: right;

Change text-align to center

And that’s it! 8)

Kind regards.-

Thank you, now please please answer the price error problem I have.

You’re welcome :roll:

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
    Reply To: Checkout button not appearing in mini cart
    Your information:

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code class="" title="" data-url=""> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong> <pre class="" title="" data-url=""> <span class="" title="" data-url="">