Sharing is helping.

We offer you this space to share your knowledge about Magento and learn from our experienced customers.

Home Forums "How do I" questions CATEGORIES AS LINK TO CMS PAGE

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
    • Author

Hi guys,
      this site seems to use the Categories Menu as link to some CMS page (see: About Us – Contacts), can someone tell me how to do this?

I tried from the Categories settings and so on but nothing.

Thanks bye.

It looks like they added two items to the normal menu by editing the theme source files

In order to have a category with a link to About us, etc., you have to create a category and add the page name in the “URL key” field of the category configuration (at the bottom), for example: about-us

You can create the pages in CMS>Pages, or use the default magento ones.

Create a link using the “URL ket” to a CMS page is the first thing I did, but it doesn’t work.
      What do you mean (at the bottom), the “URL key” in the Category Configuration is the third field and not at the bottom.

Hope find a solution..

OK, issue resolved.

Just use CMS BLOCK as CMS PAGE, as follow:

1. CREATE CMS BLOCK with the content you desire (Ex. About Us)
      2. CREATE A CATEGORY and in the URL KEY put the CMS BLOCK identifier.
      3. CHOSE IN CATEGOTY-DISPLAY SETTING: Display Mode-Only CMS Block CMS BLOCK-The CMS BLOCK you want to link (Ex. About Us).

Thanks anyway for the others solutions gave me.
      Graet theme, so far work perfectly with Magento

Ok, thanks very much for posting your resolution!. Hope this help others with the same quest.

Kind regards.-

Awesome solution. However, I have a tiny issue. Is there anyway for it NOT to display in the categories sidebar? I want to reserve that side bar just for clothing options, ie..Mens, Womens, etc…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
    Your information:

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code class="" title="" data-url=""> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong> <pre class="" title="" data-url=""> <span class="" title="" data-url="">