Sharing is helping.

We offer you this space to share your knowledge about Magento and learn from our experienced customers.

Home Forums Theme Forum HelloStyle Cant display products on home page..

This topic contains 17 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  nvyvpkbuzzn 4 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
    • Author

Anonymous

Evening all,

I have installed everything with HelloStyle and all looks correct… However I can not get the products to display on the home page. Its says in the documentation about changeing the value in this {{block type=”catalog/product_list” category_id=”3″ – However this line is not in the “Design Layout” (see below to see what is) – This is a fresh install of magento.

Regards
      Matty

<!–<reference name=”content”>
      <block type=”catalog/product_new” name=”home.catalog.product.new” alias=”product_new” template=”catalog/product/new.phtml” after=”cms_page”><action method=”addPriceBlockType”><type>bundle</type><block>bundle/catalog_product_price</block><template>bundle/catalog/product/price.phtml</template></action></block>
      <block type=”reports/product_viewed” name=”home.reports.product.viewed” alias=”product_viewed” template=”reports/home_product_viewed.phtml” after=”product_new”><action method=”addPriceBlockType”><type>bundle</type><block>bundle/catalog_product_price</block><template>bundle/catalog/product/price.phtml</template></action></block>
      <block type=”reports/product_compared” name=”home.reports.product.compared” template=”reports/home_product_compared.phtml” after=”product_viewed”><action method=”addPriceBlockType”><type>bundle</type><block>bundle/catalog_product_price</block><template>bundle/catalog/product/price.phtml</template></action></block>
      </reference><reference name=”right”>
      <action method=”unsetChild”><alias>right.reports.product.viewed</alias></action>
      <action method=”unsetChild”><alias>right.reports.product.compared</alias></action>
      </reference>–>

Anonymous

Hi Matty, helloStyle only display the categories in the homepage, not the featured products. After setting up the homepage, your categories should automatically display below the slider. Give us a link if this is not happening, so we can check it.

Regards.-

Anonymous

Hi,

No there not for some reason. (See link – http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x359/mattybulman/Untitled-1.gif ) – Im currently running local.

Regards

Anonymous

Matt, in order for the categories to show on the homepage, each category needs to have an image.
      Upload an image to the categories you wish to display on the homepage…and voila.

Anonymous

Correct, thanks Alex, don’t forget the images.

Cheers!.-

Anonymous

Ok thanks.. I was being an idiot!

Thanks again! :)

Anonymous

You’re welcome!, enjoy your store.

Kind regards.-

Anonymous

Greetings Hello Themes,

Im having the same problem – but I have added 3 x categories, and added images to each of them. But the homepage category images will not display.

http://s346886160.onlinehome.us/magento/

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
      James

Anonymous

Ps- I emailed Admin login details directly to your support address.

Thanks.
      James

Anonymous

Please disregard this request. I got a developer to fix the problem. Thanks, James.

Anonymous

Hi James, let us know if we should access to your store configs to check this issue. Or if you want you can share here how the problem was solved.

Regards.-

Anonymous

HI
      I’m trying to get the categories to show correctly, they are currently showing UNDER the footerlinks? Even if I turn off the footer links it’s not showing properly, here’s an image http://awesomescreenshot.com/0e7hvicb8
      I created 3 categories all with the same image

Thanks in advance
      Ralph

Anonymous

Wow! that strange dude!, be sure to select “Homepage” on the Layout option within your Homepage settings.

Also, within your homepage settings, in Desing>Custom Desing all field must remain empty or as default “–Please Select–”

Let us know.-

Anonymous

Hi

I’ve reinstalled this template and I’m still having problems getting the categories to show on the home page, also the text in the middle doesn’t look right, http://healing-lasers.co.uk/magento/index.php/

Thanks
      Ralph

Anonymous

Hi

I’ve just re-installed this and I’ve got the same problem? can anyone help? Categories still not showing

http://healing-lasers.co.uk/magentotest/

I’m using 1.6.0.0, is it compatible?

Thanks

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
    Reply To: Cant display products on home page..
    Your information:

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code class="" title="" data-url=""> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong> <pre class="" title="" data-url=""> <span class="" title="" data-url="">