Sharing is helping.

We offer you this space to share your knowledge about Magento and learn from our experienced customers.

Home Forums Theme Forum HelloMini Cant display home page products as a grid in Mini

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    • Author

Anonymous

I’ve set the template up and it looks OK, however the products wont display as a grid, I’m on v1.5, and using the widget below.

<p>{{widget type=”catalog/product_widget_new” products_count=”5″ template=”catalog/product/widget/new/content/new_grid.phtml”}}</p>

The Products just line up down the page, if I change to the list option, the images goes out of alignment with the text, however if I look on a specific category page, 4 images line up as a grid and look ok.

Any thoughts?

Anonymous

Hi, why are you using that widget?. We can’t assure that every widget will work correctly with the themes, the same applies for extensions.
      The theme works correctly, check the grid/list mode in the demo.

Cheers.-

Anonymous

Hi, I used the widget as it seemed the easiest way in v1.5.

I’ve gone with this code

{{block type=”catalog/product_list” category_id=”3″ template=”catalog/product/list.phtml”}}

Id like to show additional categories, is it possible to modify code above to show 2 or more cat’s at the same time. Duplicating the code looks messy as also duplicates the grid options.

I also tried the new products code below, but that puts 5 products in the grid and one goes off screen

{{block type=”catalog/product_new” name=”home.catalog.product.new” alias=”product_homepage” template=”catalog/product/new.phtml”}}

Anonymous

Hello Phil, the code below is where you can set your category ID and display it in your homepage.
      A simple solution for what you want to do, is to make a category not included in the top menu, but where you can add differents products to display in your homepage.

{{block type=”catalog/product_list” category_id=”3″ template=”catalog/product/list.phtml”}}

Regards.-

Anonymous

That works,Thanks

Anonymous

Great!, you’re welcome.

Cheers.-

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    Reply To: Cant display home page products as a grid in Mini
    Your information:

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code class="" title="" data-url=""> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong> <pre class="" title="" data-url=""> <span class="" title="" data-url="">